/dist/images/branding/favicon

movi10 prices slashed by 50% ...M15 at $12,000

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Aaranyan Ramanujam, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Aaranyan Ramanujam

Aaranyan Ramanujam New Member

I just received an email from Freefly saying new pricing , what the heck ? Prices slashed by 50% and the new M15 for even less than what we paid for M10.

I pre-ordered my M10 with blind faith and bought 2 of them at it. This is unexpected and dejected.

Are there going to be refunds ? Are there going to be free M15 upgrades , at least for pre-ordered customers ?

Is this the answer to Ronin by Freefly ?

I heard M15 shipping in limited quantities , what about the upgrades ?

I spent $50k on 2 M10s I own including accessories. Unimaginable hit on the value. I think there are people sailing on the same boat like me.

Can anyone from Freefly pls pitch in and clarify ?

Aaranyan

2. Aaranyan Ramanujam

Wow ...upgrades for $5995 for early adopters ? At least it was $3500 earlier to upgrade. Once M15 starts to roll into the market, M10 will have its slow death. Any day M10-> M15 upgrade is better than buying a M15 for $5995 . is there an option to opt out and get it upgraded . I do not want a bunch of gimbals without use.

Is there someone who feels so ? Upgrading the M10 rather than buying a M15 for a discount ?

Please provide us options. Either this or that. We have bled already by paying $15K for M10.

3. Brendan Isaac

Brendan Isaac New Member

Looks like they have ditched the upgrade path for the m10. The M15 is now double to cost of the Ronin. I was going to spend the $3k to get the upgrade but now its $6k... Looks like i am going to the dark size and get a couple of Ronins. Wont be hard to convince my client base.

4. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

I want to see what freefly explanation to us is going to be...It was bad enough to have the M5 at 1/3 of the price of M10 because they both carry similar weights and M5 has inproved design over the M10. We "the pioneers" were just a leverage for freefly business. Let´s see what they´ll do. This is a complete lack of respect for their customers mainly because I was told more than once that there were no free upgrades for the M10. Freefly are you serious???

5. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Not happy at all here. Won´t do the upgrade for that price. Too bad I have waited so long to find out that the price would be 2x. Eventually M15 will go down in price too and then there is no advantage of being an early adopter and having bought the "upgrade".

6. Augusto Alves da Silva

Wolfgang and what about your business? And what advantage did we have for having supported an idea and helping a business to grow? Is this what we get? Another kick in the back? So we were convinced to buy the M10 by the simple idea of having a product which would do the shots it does. And now after we all proved it worked great the smart asses just get in the business and buy it for half price not to mention what they save in time and testing???

Francois Regis and Pablo Rodal like this.
  7. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

Guys I got to say, it feels like a kick in gut. It's made me physically sick, from what was suppose to be a happy event.
    There are parts of the announcement which do not make sense at all.
    " Orders after September 30, 2014, will be charged the non-promotional price of $11,995. " $11,995 for an upgrade? which is equals to the new price of m15? Who created this announcement?

8. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

Hold tight on the judgements guys, remember that Freefly are in the same boat as us - we need to emphasize the superior traits of the product we've invested in. Do you really want to equate a Ronin with an M10? Let alone an M15? Depends on the kind of work you're doing. I am not persuaded by the Ronin and having used it, and seen manufacture deficiencies in some units, I wouldn't stake my career on it just yet. Meanwhile there are no reports of any failing M10s.

9. Neil Horsman

Neil Horsman New Member

Have to say I am a little bit alarmed by what I've read...to suddenly slash the price of a Movi M10 to $7995, has to raise questions over the original pricing, and the mark-up that would have been applied to the product in the first place. It's also very dishearting to read, as I purchased a Movi M10 only a few months ago here in the UK only to see for the same price (just a few weeks later) I could now buy a M15.

Over here in the UK we are already paying a premium due to Import and VAT (which I know Freefly can't control), but what would have cost me $12,000 to buy in the USA actually cost me $20473 here in the UK, so I'm sure you can understand to now see the prices being slashed is incredibly disappointing, and worrying.

I have a lot of praise for Freefly, the customer support and most importantly the products, but what worries me is we are seeing another 'Apple' situation, a company charging premium prices to ensure that they milk as much money from their customers as possible, before launching the next product. Sure I understand, they are a business, they have to cover over-heads, and most importantly make a profit, but to suddenly drop nearly $4000 off the price of an M10, does raise questions as to the original price - how can Freefly justify this mark-up, if you're still able to produce and sell the Movi M10 for $7995, and still make a profit on it, why was the original selling price nearly $12,000?...

Surely there should be some loyalty to those that have spent so much with you already, and also some protection for the price re-structures... I feel that in only a few weeks I've been robbed out of nearly $4000, and feel like a lot of trust has been lost at the same time.

10. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm sure Freefly has their good reasons, but in the meantime it will be painful for some of us.

11. Augusto Alves da Silva

They are on the same boat??? They sell we buy and use. Let´s not compare Ronin vs M10. Let´s compare M10 vs M10. What we paid and what it costs now. The announced price of the M15 is lower than the price we paid for the M10. I am waiting for Freefly to do some justice to all of us who pioneered the whole thing.

12. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

$3500 to $5,995 . Why 5,995? are there new motors in this upgrade? Or is it just longer carbon rods and upgraded camera cage?

13. Augusto Alves da Silva

"Painful"??? You must be joking Jason right?

14. Jacob Schwarz

Jacob Schwarz Member

My buddy just ordered a M10 last week on my high recommendation. Didn't have much so i'm sad that this announcement comes after only days of his order and delivery. But that is life i guess.

Lucas Saéz Valls likes this.
  15. Augusto Alves da Silva

Freefly is getting in a war with DJI that is none of our business...so why are we the ones to pay for it? I would understand this if you would be trying to save the company from bankruptcy...but this...

16. Aaranyan Ramanujam

Last time when they announced the upgrade we had to send th M10 to be upgraded as M15 . but now you keep the M10 and get a new M15 for $6K . what will we do with the M10 then ? As we already got M15 , a superior and upgraded product than M10. We don't need the M10 , give us a M15 in lieu of M10 as promised earlier as upgrade.

17. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

Hooo we get a new gimbal?! wow ok that doesn't feel so bad now .
    Could be good to have 2 gimbals.

18. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

The sole thing I´m disappointed about is that the promised upgrade price of 3.000 US$ is not valid anymore. I do understand that prices go down - it´s the same with every new product - just think about plasma TVs in the early days, DSLRs, etc.. And I also value that we get a good rebate for the M15. BUT: some of us (like me) are rather smaller producers who don´t need two MoVIs and also don´t have another 6.000 US$ to spend so easily. I doubt that I could sell my M10 too easily either, because the film industry in my country isn´t that big.

19. Jacob Schwarz

Jacob Schwarz Member

don't like the idea of owning two gimbals. I don't need them. Yeah it would be cool but not needed.

Freefly really messed up here. Now if they offered us new gimbals for the price of the upgrade that they promised that would be great but $2500 more is hard to shallow. i could just buy a ronin and have a 2nd gimbal have that be my 15lb rig. I love love Freefly products and really wanted a M15 too. I'll have to think on it for a bit before i move forward, but i can't think too long because i only have until the 30th!

20. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

are these preorders? are they shipping now?