/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tero with Movi 10

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Augusto Alves da Silva, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

There are 3 questions/doubts about the Tero and Movi 10

1- How fast can we drive the Tero until the Movi starts shaking due to the wind?
    2- Will the 3rd axis clamp hold the Movi inverted without falling to its side?
    3- Is it safe to use the RED with the Tero?

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Haven't seen anyone having wind issues. At high speed more likely to have driving problems. :)
    Yes inverted is the standard mounting
    Yes to RED.

3. Augusto Alves da Silva

Thank you Gary:
    As I just bought a Tero and I have a job early next week I wouldn´t like to have any surprises. The clamp seems to hold ok when in normal mode. My fear would be to have the Movi 10 inverted and the forces applied are opposed the normal position...pulling instead of pulling...might slip sideways...

4. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

Augusto, that won't be a problem. I had it inverted on a steadicam G-50 arm with Epic/Cooke S4's/Filters/ff without any problems, even with the old screwed clamp.

Best,

Wolf

5. Augusto Alves da Silva

Thank you Wolf:

As I plan to do fast shots I think I just need to be careful with the steering :)

6. Francois Regis

Francois Regis New Member

Hi Augusto, can tell us your experience with your first shot with the tero ?

7. Augusto Alves da Silva

Hi François:

Sure...I will be shooting 3 commercials with it I´ll be glad to post the footage for you to have a look. I tested before for quite sometime on other RC cars i.e. the Traxxas e-revo and I had to do a lot of modifictions for the car to work ok with a 3 axis gimbal. Of course not a Movi or a big camera. I use the e-revo with a gopro 3 axis gimbal. Gives me nice results but very limited. The Tero gives me perfect footage and because I have some experience with RC cars (3 times National Champion) :) it is absolutely amazing what I managed to do with it. I had to forget I was piloting a 25k rig at 40mph otherwise I wouldn´t have pushed it as far as I did. One interesting thing is this car is usually powered by 6S lipos and freefly lowered it to 4s obviously to be less agressive and easier to steer. With the Castle motor and esc this thing can be a rocket. A little bit on the expensive side and you have to own a Movi otherwise you won´t get the stable movements this rig does. I got the toad in a hole and 2 extra male adapters so I just quickly move the M10 from handheld to Tero to Cinestar 8....and all with RED/1DC no problem. I will post some shots after the shoot.

Francois Regis likes this.
  8. Francois Regis

Francois Regis New Member

Thank's Augusto ;)
    You are "the" driver for the tero :)