/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alexmos 3 axis....glitching

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Devin Card, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Devin Card

Devin Card Member

We've been having fantastic results out of our Alexmos but now get a glitch coming about ever minute or so. Anybody experience this. The boards is the new board from aerial pixels....

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

What kind of glitch?

3. Devin Card

Devin Card Member

It seems to be a quick little twitch a couple off mm on the roll axis that make it go up and down and then settle back in to normal movement...only about once a minute...maybe compounding I2C errors, but not really getting much of that on GUI

4. Dave King

Do you have the upgraded roll bar and twin tilt bars? Also are you running 2 IMU's?

5. Devin Card

Devin Card Member

upgraded tilt but no roll. only using one IMU....was working properly for a while so feels like an electronic glitch

6. Dave King

Have any footage? The updated roll bar makes a big difference. One thing I noticed on using a regular 25mm bar is that the roll balance has to be absolutely perfect not to see any roll twitches.

7. Devin Card

Devin Card Member

Everything is perfectly balanced. Here is a clip. It will also just glitch out sitting on the stand or holding in hand held mode,

8. Dave King

Says the video is private.

9. Devin Card

Devin Card Member

should be fine now

10. Dave King

Are you referring to the tilt jerk at 4 seconds? What motors are you using? How balanced is the camera? Can you put the camera any where on the tilt axis and it should be rock solid and not move? If you haven't done so I recommend putting this on the output of the alexmos that goes to the IMU http://aerialpixels.com/shop/access...id-cores-alexmos-brushless-gimbal-controller/

Lastly I would recalibrate the ACC and Gyro for the IMU sensor.

11. Devin Card

Devin Card Member

Yup the jilt at 4 sec. Using GB 85s. Everythign is perfectly balanced. Can put cmaera anywhere on tilt axis and its rock solid!! We also have ferrite rings on both ends of IMU cables. We recalibrate ACC and Gyro every time we use it :)
    We are stumped....

12. Dave King

There's 4 things that come to mind, a bad motor, a bad alexmos, a bad IMU or a bad IMU cable. One thing you could try that wont cost anything is to switch the motors on the pan and roll since they are the same. To me this is a tilt issue not a pan issue so if you switched motors you could see if it goes away. IF that doesn't work you could switching out the IMU cable which is cheap and then the IMU and alexmos in that order. Maybe you could also try to reinstall the firmware to the alexmos.

13. Devin Card

Devin Card Member

Hi Dave ,
    Thanks for the help!
    Well Ive tried switching out all the items as you suggest but not the motors....its my last hope
    Its a pain, because I get the smoothest footage on the ground and in the air except for these jerky movements randomly

14. Graydon Tranquilla

Devin, If you are still having issues, the newest firmware offers the option to put in notch filters. At certain angular positions the BG can start to resonate which can lead to issues such as the glitch. Using an acoustic spectrum analyser program to work with your PC or smartpad to work with your device microphone should be all you require to ID the resonant frequency.... then add the notch filter to cancel it out.