/dist/images/branding/favicon

Whats your MōVI pitch?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by DanDeSilva, Aug 13, 2014.

1. DanDeSilva

DanDeSilva Member

Hi all,

Does anyone care to share some simple ways to communicate with clients (who have little understanding of the Movi rig) about what MoVI is? Some clients of mine know all about it and want it, some would benefit greatly but only have a traditional understanding of camera movement. So at times I've found it difficult to articulate something that is simple enough with out trying to sound technical and loose them.. Thanks!

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Are you talking about selling them a MōVI or selling your service?

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

It is a microcomputer-stabilized gimbal that can remove any camera operator-induced rotation in the pitch, roll, and tilt axes so you can get silky smooth shots as you walk, run, drive, or fly the MōVI.

Note that the MōVI cannot remove translation in any axis -- that is if you move along an axis (like lifting the MōVI from the floor to shoulder height), so you have to learn to walk like Groucho Marx.

Andy.

4. DanDeSilva

DanDeSilva Member

Th
    Thanks, that's a good perspective. Still a bit to process for someone who knows very little about camera gear.. But maybe that's just how it will be I guess.

Steve - selling the movi service. Having too much fun with the movi to sell it!

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

"The MōVI is like magic -- it means you can get silky smooth shots when you walk, run, drive it on a car, or hang on a plane. Also it can stampede a herd of yaks."

Ok. That last part might not be so good. :)

Maybe just refer them to a video clip or two. "A picture is worth a thousand words to an honest man and to a liar alike."

Andy.

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Talk to them about 'output' and 'results'. As a sales guy telling the customer that you are using a turbo harmonized carbide diamond drill bit to drill the hole they need doesn't tell them anything. Saying I am going to drill your hole within a thousandth of an inch tolerance they understand. It ain't the tool....

MIke Magee likes this.