/dist/images/branding/favicon

Vibration Dampening on Griphon with RED Epic

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Skyler Riseton, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Skyler Riseton

Skyler Riseton New Member

What is the best vibration dampener for carrying a heavy camera such as a red camera?
    I have seen different isolation methods: plate dampeners with o-rings such as the the adapter plate sold by quadrocopter (as shown in the first picture), or the vibration dampeners that are sandwiched between two plates (probably the most common), and lastly what looks to be a shaft with two plunger looking isolators for dampening.

We are currently flying with a Gryphon X8, U-7 T-motors, a MoVi M10, a Red Epic, and using the Quadrocopter adapter plate. We are noticing at certain point that our footage will see a slight vibration especially in changing direction. We think this is from the o-rings in the adapter plate bottoming out. Lately, I have seen the shaft type of dampening, more especially from the aerial companies in Europe.

What would a vibration dampener like the shaft ones in the last picture be refered to as? Also any thoughts on pros and cons as to why people use the different kinds of isolation? 1.jpeg 2.jpg 3.jpeg

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Skyler:
    I suspect this might be more a question for the Gryphon folks...I'm not sure how many MōVI operators are flying Gryphons.

Andy.

3. Pierre Woodhouse

Pierre Woodhouse New Member

At Flexacopter we did a wiredamper system for a Gryphon x8. Have a look at our Facebook page.

4. Dave Ketelhut

Dave Ketelhut Member

i didnt find it on your facebook? i just saw the octo setup. do you have any raw footage too?

5. Pierre Woodhouse

Pierre Woodhouse New Member