/dist/images/branding/favicon

Hexacopter to a Cinestar

Discussion in 'Cinestar 6' started by Mark, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Mark

Mark New Member

I am flying a Hexacopter (one of the very first RTF copters) from Quadracopter. Is it possible to take the
    "guts" the boards, gps, waypoint board etc, minus the motors and move them to a Cinestar 6 frame? I just got it back from QC, I had it upgraded and "tweaked" so it's completely up to date.

I'd like to fly a bigger camera and our setup won't allow it.
    The picture shows one of my guys flying our copter. We put foam on the landing gear temporarily to test it.

Thanks!
    Mark

Attached Files:

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Mark:
    I presume that you have Mikrokopter boards on the Hexacopter, so the answer is: Yes, I'm cautiously optimistic that it should work, maybe. :)

It really all depends on what the boards actually are: are they Mikrokopter and which version of those boards are they?

Andy.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oh...I forgot to ask -- why does one of your guys have his feet glued to a wall? (Check out the image, you'll see....)

Andy.

4. Mark

Mark New Member

Glued to the wall? Hmmm not getting that. We are running the latest Mikrokopter boards so I'm guessing we just need to upgrade
    motors and props. I hope!

m

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

My feeble attempt at humor, Mark. Check the image that you posted by clicking on the thumbnail in your original posting.

In which case, the answer becomes more certainly yes. You will probably want to upgrade the firmware on the boards, reset all the settings in MK Tool, recalibrate the ACC and, of course, the compass.

Andy.

6. Mark

Mark New Member

Ha! Ok I got it Andy. ;)

Thanks for responding. I think that's the direction I wont to go. Our Hexa XL is nice but its no Cinestar.