/dist/images/branding/favicon

Yet another 3.08 victim....

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Phil Macdonald, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Phil Macdonald

So I have just emailed support and am hoping to get a response ASAP but like so many others it seems I have tried updating to 3.08 and this has in turned seemingly bricked our MoVI M10. We were using configurator version 1.552 and had fully charged batteries. We were updating from a Mac and over Bluetooth....When we try to turn the unit on now all we get is 3 lights for half a second and then nothing, wont even turn on and as such we cant connect to it or do anything with it!!!

I am really hoping we aren't going to have to go down this 'magic cable' route as we have a shoot on Thursday and need to do some tests beforehand, surely these updates are tested before released?? We are also based in the UK so chances of that cable getting to us in time is also slim.....

Any tips or tricks would be most welcomed!!

Cheers,
    Phil

2. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Hi Phil.
    I had the same issue and had to wait for the jumper cable as theres no magic wand fix for the problem. I have to compliment FF service guys for the really prompt action. The jump cable was sent by express courier and arrived here in Australia in a couple of days, which was appreciated.

One thing I would encourage anyone else doing the upgrade to do is to turn everything else off on their host computer when doing the upgrade. I suspect this may have been the cause of the problem in the first place. I worked this out when doing the upgrade with the jumper cable as it cut out half way through and I had to restart. Then I noticed Wifi was on, I turned it off, and went through the process again, and bingo all good. There must have been some interference with Bluetooth when going through the upgrade process. So make sure its off.

Cheers
    Garry

3. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

Hey guys, using a mac to update the firmware can become problematic if the screensaver comes on or if the system goes to sleep. Ive heard of a few issues with background programs causing problems when updating. I just did mine with my android galaxy tab 4 and it was a breeze, no issues whatsoever. I would try using an android device. seems to be the easiest.

Chris Harrison likes this.
  4. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Hi Eric.
    its just as easy on a Mac as long as EVERY thing except Bluetooth is turned off, including Wifi, which I think caused my problem. Since its all be off, no problems with the upgrade.

Garry

5. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

Just passing along info I heard. I did hear about the wifi issue. The android way is honestly the simplest ive found. Plus its mobile. :0

6. Phil Macdonald

Yeah, I mean I dont know what specifically caused our issue however I definitely want to commend Freefly on their service on this. We sent an email to support at 5pm UK time on Monday evening, they have responded both saying they will send a cable out plus also giving us pictures and instructions for making our own cable if we wanted to do that. That being said we are being told to expect delivery of the cable by Wednesday midday....you could argue that this issue shouldnt have happened n the first place but if nothing else the service in resolving it has been exceptional :)