/dist/images/branding/favicon

A couple of issues...

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Ben Moyes, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Ben Moyes

Ben Moyes New Member

I have a lot of problems with the serial connector. I'm using three different Windows 7 PCs, all perform the same. I'm running the latest FTDI drivers.

Unless I follow this procedure exactly, I cannot gain connection to the Radians, and even then it does not always work. The com10 port shows up, but the software hangs when connecting.
    1. Disconnect USB interface from PC
    2. POwer down Radian
    3. POwer up Radian
    4. Connect USB, watch for orange blinking LED
    5. Start software on PC.

The other, more serious issue is that the reading of the PPM signal is glitchy. I'm using a Graupner MX20 and a GR-24 receiver with latest firmware. The receiver is set to SUMO-12 (I've trued 8,10,12,16).
    Particularly glitchy is channel 5, which was the channel I was using to control.
    When I say it's glitchy, I can see the other channels above channel for jumping in the channel monitor when I move the sticks around. Alos moving are the channels above channel 8!???

Anyone else seen this?

2. Philip Ellerbroek

Make sure your servo cable is being plugged into the radian correctly and is not "up side down". Unfortunately it will plug in either way.

3. Ben Moyes

Ben Moyes New Member

No, that's not the answer to either of my problems I'm afraid!

4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

try this disconnect all your connectors then try connecting just your usb connector to the radian one by one and read first.

I think I had the same problem the switch ''thinks'' is on all the time the servo goes crazy only way i could reset it is to unplug it and reprogram it with out the daisy chain just the 5v attached

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ben:
    I'm going to be testing under Windows 7 tomorrow (Pacific Time). Let me get back to after I've had a chance to test and see if I get similar results when moving between Radian sensors....

I believe that the GR-24 problem is something that JohnC is working on for the new firmware release, but I've asked him to have a look at your posting to comment on that rather than me reporting hearsay.

Andy.

6. John Cunningham

Blip,

Are you letting windows automatically download the driver for the programming device ?. If not, I recommend you update it and let it search windows update.

The PPM glitching should be sorted out in firmware 1.03 : let us know if it sorts out your problem.