/dist/images/branding/favicon

New Product Launches...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Denise Fitzgerald, Jul 13, 2014.

1. If you are not subscribed to our email/newsletter list, below is the information you might have missed today...

Freefly is excited to announce the launch of 3 new products, the MōVI Controller, the new Tool-less Adjustable Pan Knuckle, and the MōVI Ring.

VI Controller [base price $3500]
    The MōVI Controller is a professional grade remote system that allows the operator full control over Pan, Tilt, and Roll. This controller provides telemetry from the MōVI and allows the user to access MōVI configuration menus to enable on the fly adjustment of key MōVI parameters. The MōVI Controller also simplifies the remote control station by providing power for an LCD monitor and wireless video system. Using either an AC adapter or a single IDX battery, you can power your MōVI Controller, monitor, wireless video system, and additional 5 or 12v accessories.

Additionally the MōVI Controller will offer control of Focus, Iris, and Zoom motors in the future with the release of Freefly’s 3 channel FIZ system.

The base package includes:

• MōVI Controller
    • MōVI Controller Receiver
    • USB A-A Cable
    • AC Adapter
    • Focus Knob Label Ring
    • Neck Strap
    • Spare Receiver Mounting Tape
    • Controller Aux Power Cable
    • MōVI Controller Receiver Cable for M10
    • MōVI Controller Receiver Cable for M5/M15
    • IDX P-VS2 V-Mount Battery Plate with Power Cable
    • Monitor Mount
    • Tripod Mount

Additional options include
    • MōVI Controller Follow Focus Upgrade Kit for Redrock / Axis 1 [$199.00]:
      • Auxiliary Transmitter
      • Auxiliary Transmitter Mount
      • Auxiliary Port Data Cable
      • Mounting Screws (Qty 2 - M3 x 10)
    • IDX Batteries [$259.00 ea]
    • IDX Charger [$610.00 ea]
    Availability: The MōVI Controller will be released for General Availability in the online store on Monday, 21 July. Lead time may vary as we ramp up production and orders will be filled in the order they are received.

The M10 Tool-less adjustable Pan Knuckle [retail $99]
    Tired of using the hex drivers to adjust pan? As part of the technology upgrades we made to the M5 that we will be releasing for the M10, the lever-adjustable pan knuckle will save you precious time while balancing your rig.

Please note that while the M15 upgrade will also take advantage of lever-adjusted balancing, the M15 has a different pan knuckle (dual tube and additional connection), so even if you were to take advantage of this new pan knuckle now, the pan knuckle will again be replaced if you eventually send it in for an M15 upgrade.

The MōVI Ring [retail $299]
    The MōVI Ring is a lightweight, rigid carbon fiber frame designed to provide additional points of contact for an operator holding the MōVI M5 or M10. The MōVI Ring can either mount directly to the MōVI M5 or M10, but also works in combination with the Toad In the Hole accessory, already available in the online store.
    The MōVI Ring package includes:
    • MōVI Ring
    • Carbon mount plate
    • 4 - 25mm clamps
    • 4 - M3 x 37 screws

Both the Tool-less Adjustable Pan Knuckle and the MōVI Ring will be released for General Availability in the online store (store.freeflysystems.com be close of business on Monday, 14 July.

*Please note that the M15 upgrade is not part of this release cycle but will be coming soon. A separate email and announcement will be sent once we have all the launch details.

2. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

Exciting. Is there an expected release date for the FIZ motors?

Thanks

3. DanDeSilva

DanDeSilva Member

Awesome. Definitely want the ring, and pan knuckle.. any pics of the Pan Knuckle you can share?

4. Hi Sam - I don't have a date yet but as soon as we do, we will share it.

Hi Dan - I don't have a photo yet but once it is available in the store later today, there will be images with it.

Cheers,
    Denise

5. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

Will Freefly be offering a case for the controller?

6. Hi Ben - We are looking at it as a future option but there is not one available today.

Cheers,
    Denise

7. Ben Ruffell

Can you please supply dimensional drawings? So that we can get our case company to start making the case.

(We cannot have professional gear floating around without being cased).

Thanks,

8. Hi Ben,

We understand that you require a case solution for professional gear and for that reason, we designed the custom cut foam that comes with the controller packaging to fit perfectly into a pelican 1500 case. My apologies for not mentioning that earlier.

Cheers,
    Denise

9. Ben Ruffell

That sounds perfect.

Thank you.

10. DanDeSilva

DanDeSilva Member

Thanks.

I can't see it on the site yet. Im after the movi ring / pan knuckle

11. The MoVI Ring just went live and the Pan Knuckle should be up shortly.

Denise

DanDeSilva likes this.
  12. DanDeSilva

DanDeSilva Member

Thanks.. Is there a likely chance of it going live in the next 30mins? Thanks

13. Just went live, it is available now too.

14. Adolfo Cantu-Villarreal

Hi Denise,

Will the new Tool-less Pan Knuckle and the MoVI Ring be sold through Amazon as well? We noticed some of the accessories available through there and it's a quick convenient way for us to shop for accessories.

Thanks!

15. Hi Adolfo...We have been testing the use of Amazon as a distribution channel. At the moment I can't guarantee that we will carry the new pan knuckle via Amazon but I can definitely look into that for you.

Cheers,
    Denise

16. Adolfo Cantu-Villarreal

Denise,
    For small items it seems like a great solution, specially for those of use that have a Prime membership with them. Thanks for checking!

17. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Hi Denise,
    Will the new joystick work with a Bartech system? Or possibly in the future?
    Also at NAB it was a right hand joystick position. Any chance of making one that could be used for left hand joystick control? Myself and crew operate my Jibs with a left hand joystick.

18. Hi Jim,

Currently it will only work with the Redrock and the Hocus Focus. At this time there are not plans to integrate it with other systems other than the FIZ system we will be launching. With regards to left handed joystick users, I will definitely let the Engineering team know of your interest.

Cheers,
    Denise

19. Matthew Macomber

Matthew Macomber New Member

I purchased my Movi M5 as well as several associated Freefly accessories (ninja star, rod adapter, batteries) through Amazon. Easy and painless - I was very happy to be able to do so! PLEASE keep up the Amazon store and continue to add to it.

20. Lee Runion

Lee Runion New Member

We currently use a Futaba to control our Movi. One of the additional channels is set up as a start/stop and or shutter release. Will we be able to assign channels with the new controller or is it set up like the original controller with no way to assign channels.