/dist/images/branding/favicon

NEW U7 motor tmotor

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by kjetil tønnesen, Nov 22, 2013.

1. James Cole

James Cole Member

I ended giving up on the KDM due to sync issues and the Castle Creations because of its slow response and lack of support from Castle to just tell me what the refresh rate of the esc is.
    I ended up ordering 4 - T80A T motors Esc's to give a try everyone says they work, we will see.

Frustration level: extreme

2. Michael Braun

Michael Braun Member

After reading about U7 and ESC issues I still don't know which ESC's acutely work?

Are T-motor 60A with BEC OK?
    I heard that Herkules III is ok, but it is quite a price.

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

4. James Cole

James Cole Member

5. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Was there ever U7 support?

6. James Cole

James Cole Member

Got a set of T-Motors T80A esc, on the bench they work well, alittle slow in the reaction area, but no sync issues on the bench test. In the Air, we experienced a problem as you can see where one of the esc's had a issue and the copter started to tilt forward and to the left.

kianoush likes this.
  7. Loris Coniglio

Loris Coniglio New Member

Hi, what U7 do you use? 420 or 490?
    My 490 seem less reactive (with T80A).
    Wich setting do you use for the esc?
    Thanks

kianoush likes this.
  8. James Cole

James Cole Member

If only people took time to read the video description all the questions they have would be answers. they are 420 kv. Stock settings

9. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

James: When I (we?) look at the imbedded video there is no description. Clicking on the "Vimeo" doesn't take me to their site, so I can not read your description either.

10. Steve Maller

James, your video description is not visible to the public on Vimeo. You can change that in Vimeo's privacy settings. :rolleyes:
    Safari-snap001.jpg

11. Dan Peter

Dan Peter New Member

Hello all,

I am running the same problem you have but for me the issue is with the temperature of the esc ( 165 degree Maytech 85A simonk) With a total of 17 Kg 8 minute flight. The T motor 85A esc is a normal esc with airplane software and the acceleration curve is not straight comparing with Simonk. From this will result some problem because of low speed response from the motor comparing with the controller want to rich. I am sorry for my english and i hope you can understand. Tmotor T80A = HobbyWing 80A,

12. James Cole

James Cole Member

Oops, totally my fault, I'm running 420kv U7's
    I ended up putting the t80a esc on my quad that crashed with the maytechs. Seems to fly ok, I can't stand programming esc's that lack a USB interface like the castle creations. It leaves too much room for error and accidentally programming them incorrectly if your using just a radio to program.

13. Joseph papa

Joseph papa New Member

FYI Gentlemen. I have the U7 490 and the T Motor 80amp 400hz esc. Today during a test flight with no payload on a Gryphon Dynamic 1400mm X8 the flight was going fine. At the 8 minute mark, the copter's smoothly flipped forward and landed nearly flat on its top. ESC's were too hot and I can only assume one or more went into thermal protection. God forbid I had the movi / red under it. Relocating ESC's from inner booms to somewhere in direct air flow. Motors running 18 lower / 17 upper and cool to the touch. Very frustrating. Copter running A2 in attitude at time of crash. All motors are very well balanced as well as props. I do not attribute this to vibration.

14. Steve Maller

Why do you think the ESCs were too hot? Did you measure them? And what battery were you using? And how much current did it take when you recharged it? And what was the voltage at the time of the crash? Did you have a payload on it? Can you show a picture of your copter?

15. Joseph papa

Joseph papa New Member

I believe the sec's were too hot because there isn't much of any other explanation. The booms were hot as hell and the speed controls have no airflow. Running two 6s Pulse 22,000mah packs in parallel.
    The other day with a single 16000 pack, I got 20 minutes of hover time. Put back 14000. Today was just the two larger packs to see how much longer it would fly.

During the flight I switched into manual at mid stick to see if I was hovering below 50% and sure enough, for the brief moment in manual, it gained altitude rather quickly. E-Calc estimated I was hovering at around 20% and I believe it.

16. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

Why don't they make a cage that the esc can go in the sits under the props like they do on some of the cheap quads out there?

17. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

18. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

With all of the postings about U7 issues has anyone gotten them to work? If you have them flying with a load what is your setup? There are posts elsewhere with comments that even Tiger seems to be distancing themselves from the product.

19. Dan Peter

Dan Peter New Member

The issue with hot ESC is back EMF = back electromotive force =is the voltage, or electromotive force, that pushes against the current which induces it.

20. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

To my knowledge the only one has been Chris Fox and he uses T-Motor 80A ESCs and XAircraft Super X flight controller in a X8 configuration with 500mm booms

Chris Fox likes this.