/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cinestar 8 Startup problems

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Bob Wojda, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Bob Wojda

Bob Wojda Member

We were having some problems with our flight controls so we upgraded the MK tools, FC and Nav software. After doing so I'm having a few problems that are throwing me. First, I can't get the motors to turn on using the Graupner transmitter. On the MK tools under "motor test" they will turn on but not with the radio. I also saw that the stick position was different in this new software version but that's not working either. The Cinestar beeps when the sticks are in the start position but no motors turn. Also, the radio is giving a warning beeping sound for "minimum speed" which should not be happening on start up. (maybe that is preventing startup?) The compass does need to be calibrated as well but it's been raining for the past few days so I found the ignore compass dialog in the software and thought that would allow me to start. Shouldn't it start some how?

Thanks for your help!
    Bob

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

There's also a setting for requiring a GPS fix, and maybe that's your problem. But the "ignore compass error" still won't let you start without calibrating your compass.

3. Bob Wojda

Bob Wojda Member

That could be it then. I'll calibrate it and see what happens. Hope its that easy.

Thanks!
    Bob

4. Bob Wojda

Bob Wojda Member

Just a follow up: It was that easy. I am sure though that this is different in several ways than it was in Version 1 of the software. Wish they documented those changes a little better. Thanks for your help Steve!

5. Steve Maller

Documentation is for sissies. The source code is the documentation. Man up, dude. LMAO. :rolleyes:

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Waitaminit....I didn't think you read source code, Steve! :)

Andy.

7. Steve Maller

I don’t, but I know a guy who does. Two, actually. One of ‘em actually writes the stuff. ;)

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Always good to have two: one who can read and the other that can write. But you are correct that source code provides the "ground truth" of what the firmware actually does -- this is assuming that the source code is well structured and moderately well commented. If neither is true then it merely provides and artist's impression of what may happen on a good day with a following wind when the hamsters keep the wheels turning.

Andy.