/dist/images/branding/favicon

Video downlink/Monitor?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Brent Foster, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Brent Foster

Brent Foster New Member

Can anyone recommend a good video downlink/monitor for the M5 Spektrum combo?
    Something that's reasonable priced?

Thanks!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I'd recommend Small HD DP4 or 7. I use both the DP4 and DP7 high brightness and, while it sucks a fair amount of power, you can see the screen clearly in full sunlight -- which means that your viewing angle is very wide without a sunshield.

Andy.

3. Brent Foster

Brent Foster New Member

Thanks Andy,
    I have the DP7 for the top of the Movi. I'm actually really interested to find a reasonable way to transmit the video to a monitor that the personal operating the remote control can view. Looking for a reasonably priced system that will allow me to do this.
    Thanks,
    Brent

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Brent, there are a lot of options for what we flying guys call “FPV” (first person video). As long as you don’t need HD, a complete system with a video converter, a SD transmitter, receiver and monitor only costs a few hundred dollars. But if you need real HD going to your remote person, you’re looking at a much bigger investment.

Brent Foster likes this.
  5. Brent Foster

Brent Foster New Member

Thanks a lot Steve. Would you be able to suggest one that would be a great option/complete package?
    (SD Version)

Cheers!

6. Brent Foster

Brent Foster New Member

7. Chris Miller

Chris Miller New Member

8. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

Chris,

Keep in mind that they spec the range of the one you are looking at for 150 feet. If you are going to fly with it you may need something more powerful. If its just for ground Movi work and you will be relatively close together all the time this might get the job done for you.

9. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

10. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

I have used this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/983268-REG/nyrius_npcs550_aries_pro_wireless_hd.html. It is very similar to the Paralinx one but much cheaper. It doesn't have the same range though as the Paralinx. I ended up buying a Paralinx to use as well when I am working with multiple cameras. If budget is a concern and the range you are going to be from is short the Nyrius will do the job. Keep in mind you will need batteries for the device. I have used Anker batteries.