/dist/images/branding/favicon

Roll goes off when switching to majestic mode

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Tuukka Ylonen, May 4, 2014.

1. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Hi

There is a strange occurence when I switch to majestic mode. My M5 is in airborne mode.
    The horizon is level when in remote mode. When I switch to majestic, the roll rolls so that the right side of the camera - looking from behind - goes downwards and the left side upwards. Not very much, but the difference is clear.

As soon as I switch back to remote mode, the roll straightens again.

Newest firmware. 5D III and EF 24mm well balanced. Any ideas? If it helps, I can post a video later today.

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I don’t think there is a Majestic setting in Airborne mode. I made the same mistake. The center position is “lock” in Airborne mode. You have to switch to “Handheld” mode to get Majestic on the center position.

Clear as mud, right? :confused:

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Tikka Steve is correct. Middle is Lock when in Airborne Mode.

4. kjetil tønnesen

I got mine m5 today and it rocks :)

5. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Hi

Here´s the video. "Operational mode", a cool term my colleague invented means remote mode :)

So it is not possible to fly the Movi as as a single operator setup with the Majestic mode because if Airborne in selected, the Majestic mode is actually lock mode (that prevents the copter from rotating when on ground) with no stabilisation and off horizon?

With my M10 the horizon stays level even when I switch to lock mode. What about other owners of M5? Kjetil can you try yours and see how it works?

6. Steve Maller

I fly single operator in ground mode. Works fine. Airborne is technically “two operator” mode.

7. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Yep, I think you are absolutely right Steve. The lock mode is not meant for shooting. It is just to prevent the multicopter rotating when on ground.

Tuned the gimbal today and the result is just awesome. M5 works every bit as good as I expected. So happy.

8. Shane Moore

Shane Moore Member

Sorry, I'm a little unclear. Are you actually getting any pan stabilization with the M5 when running as a single operator?

9. Steve Maller

Yes, that’s what “Majestic” mode does. Alex Mos calls it “follow” mode. It basically knows where the nose is, and attempts to maintain its directionality, but does so smoothly. It takes some tuning, though, or it looks unnatural. Mine’s not perfect yet.