/dist/images/branding/favicon

M10 on a KPOP music video

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Joseph Jang, May 6, 2014.

1. Joseph Jang

Joseph Jang New Member

Here is the music video I worked on with the M10. 95% of it was shot using the MoVI. Shot on an EPIC and an Ultra Prime 8R lens. It was so front heavy that I added extra weights on the back to balance it. Shot for 3 days straight, 18 hour days, and never had a problem....other than my weak arms. :)

Barry Collins likes this.
  2. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Wow, nice Job. You must have arms like Hulk Hogan ;-).

3. Joseph Jang

Joseph Jang New Member

now i do. :)
    actually, we did a switch off to a second operator during the middle of the video. could not possibly do the entire video with one operator...without Hulk arms.

4. Hi Joseph - have you thought of connecting your rig to a Steadicam setup? I have shot mega dance hours like your vid and know it can be hard after long hours. I am just waiting for the M15 to go with my FS700 and have worked out a way to connect the unit to a Steadicam Zephyr vest and arm unit with just the gimbal handle (not the full sled). I think this would give you more freedom - just a thought!

5. Joseph Jang

Joseph Jang New Member

yes, we've thought about that. and i've seen lots of different set-ups combining the movi with the steadicam. it's a great idea. the shortfall of that is of course that the movi is now attached to your body and hence, limits the movability of the movi. for example, i couldn't push the camera through the legs of the dancers if it were attached. but yeah, if you're not going to go through anything and you have enough room, then the steadicam-movi combo is great!

6. I think the toad in hole and movi ring will help a lot with exchanging the rigs in different setups like you are saying plus flexible hand offs - lots of good things are ahead!

7. Joseph Jang

Joseph Jang New Member

8. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

9. Joseph Jang

Joseph Jang New Member

in two weeks, collectively between the korean and chinese versions, this music video now has 14+ million views!