/dist/images/branding/favicon

Micro HDMI-HDMI for GH4

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Nick Adams, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

Does anyone have any sources for Micro HDMI-Hdmi with a right angle? i have seen adapters but I would like to avoid that route if I can. I may be pushing my luck with this search:)

Nick

2. Josh Haywood

Josh Haywood New Member

3. Josh Haywood

Josh Haywood New Member

4. Josh Haywood

Josh Haywood New Member

5. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

i Hate to be picky but i need it to be a right angle that points to the back of the camera not down. Thanks for the suggestions
    though, much appreciated.

Nick

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

7. Duane Bradley

Duane Bradley Active Member

I haven't had my hands on the GH4 yet, but my right angle HDMI that came with my Kopterworx HD converter is a right angle in the wrong direction. In other words, it spits the cable in the direction of the lens instead of to the back of the camera. Annoying, but I've managed to make it work by doubling it back on itself and using a ziptie to hold it there so it isn't a big dog ear sized loop catching on things.

8. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

9. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

Ok Duane, Thanks, thats good to know, maybe I will try that.

Nick

10. Devin McNulty

Devin McNulty New Member

Have any of you had any trouble with the micro hdmi port on the gh4? I can't get an adapter to go in, and it seems like there's two pins below the regular female component that are making it hard to get the adapter in. I'm afraid to use force. Maybe I need to take my camera back and look at another one...
    Is it hard to insert?

Thanks, and sorry if this post is rife with sexual connotation.

Best,

Devin

11. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

It is definitely snug, You have to work it in, which is a good thing I guess. I have just ordered a couple of right angle adapters that look smaller than the one I got from Radio Shack. After having to replace to 'HDMI outs' on my 5D's I am a bit paranoid about a long extension
    piece sticking out of the side of my camera especially as the connection point is so small. To combat this, I ordered a: wait for it…. Jerk stopper! (impossible to avoid sexual connotation regarding this subject LOL)
    http://www.shop.tethertools.com/JerkStopper-Camera-Support-JS020.htm
    Hopefully this will avoid costly repairs.

Attached Files:

12. Gustav Raberg

Gustav Raberg Member

We used a straight micro hdmi with our GH4 and M5 and it worked fine. I would rather have the 90' bend but it's impossible to find. There is enugh room for the wire in the gh4+m5 combo.

13. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

I flew prototype GH4's to make the Panasonic demo video and my main complaint back to Panasonic was the micro HDMi port. In my opinion it simply is not robust enough for professional use. Our port failed after only a couple days of use from normal stress of plugging and unplugging, and we had to do the rest of the shoot on one camera. A right angle pointing backward would certainly help. For some reason the jerkstopper link would not download for me, but I would recommend something like this to anyone who gets the GH4.

I just saw the jerkstopper. Not what I thought it was and does not look helpful for the weak port issue. I have seen port protectors for mini HDMI that support the connection directly at the port base, but have not found one for micro HDMI.

Its a shame they decided to go with micro. Mini would've fit and been so much better.

14. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

15. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

Totally agree, having had to repair two mini HDMI ports on 5D's, so I can see this being an issue.
    I am not sure how the Jerkstopper would not help, admittedly it does not completely get rid of all movement but I think that
    the jerkstopper and a combination of tape cable ties etc. would be a solution (messy, but a solution)

16. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

I may try this. The problem I am having is with the width of the gimbal, I would like to set it up so that you do not have to rotate the camera to get the card out and with the extra distance needed for these converters I am not sure thats possible

17. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

One of the things that I love about the MōVI M5 is that it’s so fast and easy to balance, I don’t care about having to dismount the cameras to get to the battery or memory card. It literally takes 10-20 seconds to rebalance. Same with changing filters. Changing lenses is a little more complicated, because the overall balance has to be checked, but even that only takes a minute or so.

18. Nick Adams

Nick Adams Member

Steve don't say things like this to me:) I have been trying to rationalize NOT buying one…. your not helping my cause.
    I think you have just made me want one REALLY bad:)

19. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

I picked up a few of these little monsters: http://www.cellphoneshop.net/mmf.html They arrive today, camera tomorrow. Pretty boggled about why Panny went the direction of the microHDMI...

Greetings,
    Adam

20. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

Im hoping for a cleaner solution.
    http://www.idcphotovideo.com/store/...ate-with-hdmi-cable-stabilizer-canon-5d-mkiii

Hopefully someone will make one of these for the GH4.