/dist/images/branding/favicon

M10 Custom Laser-Cut Pelican Case

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Jason Comparetto, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

An update.

After posting here, Jason got in touch with me, and sent off the case. It has arrived now, and is a good case.

There is a small locking collar that he includes, as a safety for rotating the handle down (to close the lid). The locking collar does not fit the carbon tube size. It's not a big deal for me as I will probably not use it. (Jason's suggested solution is to use gaffer tape…)

Good case. Still frustrated that Jason kept my money for over a month and did not respond to emails. His excuse was that the postal service would not take an item this big to New Zealand…which I find surprising. Even more surprising that he chose to not pass this information onto me at the time, and despite multiple email enquiries. It was up to me to call him out on this forum to get a result.

Here is a timeline of my experience.
    Paid for the case on 16th January.
    On the 19th of February Jason finally responded to me after forum post.
    1st of March, case arrived.

It's a good case. Just a shame that the process of purchasing it was very poorly handled.

2. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your feedback. Every country in the world has different shipping rules, and we normally use 2" of padding all the way around our shipments, so the case ends up in a large box. You didn't want to pay for Fedex shipping, so we have to use the local post office rules and regulations for handling the shipment to you.

For some international post offices we have to put the case inside a slightly smaller box so that the post office will accept it. For New Zealand, unfortunately it seems that even with the slightly smaller box, they still won't accept it, and end up transferring it to Fedex for final delivery. We continued to search for other options, and reviewing an even smaller box, but did not feel entirely comfortable with that option and I don't have complete confidence that it would make it there safely.

I made a generous offer to you to upgrade you to Fedex delivery considering the circumstances and the timeliness of your package, but it seems to have been mostly ignored. Fortunately the package arrived in the proper condition, as we were able to use our normal 2" of padding.

While I agree we could always improve our timeliness to email responses, I don't feel its entirely fair for our company to accept blame for limitations in the international postal system.

3. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

Can we just buy the laser cut insert? If so how much?

4. Jason Comparetto

Hi Adam,

Thanks for asking. At this time we do not offer the foam insert by itself. We build our cases to last, which means we need to install the foam insert ourselves with the proper adhesives.

5. Cam Batten

Cam Batten Member

Been using this case for a few weeks now and it's proving to be a huge timesaver. I can rig the night before a shoot and get all balanced up, take off the camera and not have to adjust the MoVI before transporting in the case, leaving only 1 step of balance the next day on shoot. The quality of the case is fantastic. I definitely recommend getting the topsheet as it saves the integrity of the foam insert. From time of purchase to receiving the case did take a little while, but well worth it in the end.

6. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

I just ordered one. Any idea when it should arrive to 40014?

7. Jason Comparetto

Hi Adam,

40014 is 2 business days in transit, so you should receive it in toward the beginning of next week.

8. Nikolai Pigarev

Nikolai Pigarev New Member

Yeap will join in on the party! I have the red MoVi case and its really cool - apart from time saving you get of having everything in one box, every time its been out people start taking photos of the case since its just stands out :) I mean its a small status thing but for some reason back here in Russia it works so well. Keep up the good work!

9. Pablo Zaracla

Pablo Zaracla New Member

The case seems very nice. I just wanna know if the case can holds the Red Epic mounted to the Movi, for faster setup. Thanx a lot

10. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

The camera has to come off, but if you prebalance you can still get it back on there pretty quickly.

11. Richard MacDonald

i just came across this thread and thought i give me 2 cents. We got our back in December and it's a ice-breaker conversation piece each time we open the box on set. Everyone wants to know where we go it.

Anyway, i love this case. while a little big, i do have the feeling knowing the equipment is safe when we travel. I would like to have a 2nd case that holds the Redrock, extra monitors, and teradek.

I'm looking forward to Jason's C-Stand for the MoVI. keep up the great work!

Attached Files:

12. Marc Zumbach

Marc Zumbach New Member

great case perfect size and just perfect weight (21kg) with all the equipment inside so i can take the plane without over load. Thanks

13. William Carnahan

William Carnahan New Member

I haven't really posted in this forum yet, but I wanted to get going.
    We have had the Movi for about 3 months now and started renting it out a few weeks ago. Its already going out on its 4th production this weekend and we have used the Cinema Oxide case ever since we got the thing.

It is a little big, but being able to pull out the rig without having to do too much building is excellent. There is a space for everything but out follow focus, I am eve able to fit in our 4 cannon batteries and two chargers and our samsug tablet for the free fly app.

This case combine with a pelican 1510 for the FF fits perfectly into the back of my for focus hatchback and makes it easy to get in and out of locations. ITs also useful as a place to balance if we are out in the field.

The only issue I Have had with it is when running a LARGE heave rig with front heavy load like a clip on matt box.. I end up pushing back the gimbal to balnce it out.. which makes it farther apart from the handles and less perfect fit for the slot in the case, ITs really minor issue that i have to fix it to fit it in the case and its only happen to me once (probably because I shouldn't be running that big of rigs on the m10).

We opted out of the top paneling and labeled it our selves with our future color scheme for the company. Pics attached.

M10_CinemOxide_case.jpg

14. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

It is the best case I have seen and used for the Movi. From the start I wanted to find a case that allowed me to carry the Movi fully setup and this was the solution. Very robust very practical and beautiful :) All the gear fits in the same case and just pull the movi out and iy is ready to shoot....well almost. But still the best way. I agree it is a little bit big but it is a fantastic case and solution.
    Thanks Jason for the solution.

15. Rob Seiffert

Rob Seiffert New Member

We got this case and love it. Yes, it is big, but the Movi isn't a small piece of gear to lug around. Keeps everything protected and organized with plenty of spots for accessories. Jason was very responsive as well.

Good purchase.

16. Jason Comparetto

Truly we have to get an M15 in our hands in order to know what the exact dimensions are. If we need to make a new case for the M15, we will certainly make a new case.

17. Andrew Hewson

Andrew Hewson Member

Thanks heaps Jason, I look forward to any updates. Pity you couldn't get the dimensions early ;)

18. Julien lascar

Julien lascar New Member

Very bad experience with this vendor, be careful when you buy this from outside the states, no real support, was 3 weeks late in delivery, mixed M10 case and M5 cases, and very hard to get a refund. Despite losing a lot of money over this, really really disappointed by the attitude of this guy too.

19. Jason Comparetto

Julien, your case shipped out a few days after you ordered it, not 3 weeks. Fedex mixed up the packages and already admitted to it. When they tried to help and resolve the problem for you, you refused to give them back the wrong case. We can't issue a refund unless you return the case. You haven't lost any money since you are essentially holding the case hostage (I'm not sure why?? )

We have tried everything we can to help you but every effort is met with resistance from you. I am not sure why you are posting here since we are still trying to work with you to help you resolve this problem. This is not really the right place to discuss this, especially considering I have responded to every single one of your emails on a daily basis and have also spoken with you over the phone.

20. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Jason, I too was not too happy the way you are communicating, that´s one of the reasons why I didn´t purchase your case (the other being the shipping rate which is unusually high). You could do yourself and your customers a favour, being a little more friendly and courteous. I know time is limited - it´s the same for all of us. Most of us too haven´t made their money in the lottery. For us it´s quite an investment to spend so much money for a case - you should value that, just as much as we value our customers.

Andrew Hewson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.