/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 is officially shipping!

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Tabb Firchau, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Roger that, Chris. I went ahead and added a DX8 to my order.
    On a related matter, despite what Tabb said, the aerial adapter kit doesn't seem to be in the store. Any idea what the status of that is for attaching the M5 to a Cinestar?

Chris Fox likes this.
  2. Mike Vickers

Mike Vickers New Member

So what material was used for the M5 and M10 exactly? I was under the impression that both systems were constructed out of carbon fiber with a bit of aluminum around the motors?

3. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

Hey Mike,

He could just be referring to certain details in how they constructed the Carbon Fiber or materials within the motors. Sometimes when manufacturing with specialty materials and parts, the cost escalates exponentially. Perhaps on the M10 they were able to justify using such specialty materials and expenses, but on the M5 they were more careful about that.

4. Ariel Ferrer

Ariel Ferrer Member

Hi Does the MōVI Ninja Star in the store also fits the M5 I am about to make the order only need this info!!

Jack Klink likes this.
  5. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

HI Steve,

The M5 multi-rotor upgrade kit is live on the FF store now. Only thing different it has compared to the "MR" kit is a small CF tube that is used to replace keyed rear tube that attaches to the pan knuckle. Swapping it out is a straight-forward procedure.

Greetings,
    Adam

Steve Maller likes this.
  6. Steve Maller

When I clicked on the store link to assemble my package, I clicked on ‘M5’ to see the accessories, and didn’t notice the ‘MR’ section. Found the kit there. Thanks!
    Steve

7. Joe Lawry

Joe Lawry Member

Wow.. Looking really nice, amazing that it will fit the BM4k.. Now I want to add an M5 to the kit as a backup for the M10! Cannot wait to play at NAB!

8. Sylvain Renaud

Sylvain Renaud New Member

Update I phoned Small HD and they said there is a small delay of a few seconds when pressing record on the 5 D Mark II as oppose to the III which starts right away. I can live with that :)

Cheers
    Syl

9. Sylvain Renaud

Sylvain Renaud New Member

10. Tristan Guercovich

Tristan Guercovich New Member

Hi Tabb, (or any other who could answer this )
    thanks for the vid. Is there anything else besides what comes out of the box I will need to mount the black magic on the M5? I am having a tech check on thursday and would love to make the BM work smoothly on my M5. I checked the recommendations on how to calibrate it, but I am not sure if I should prepare myself with some extra accessories. The calibration with canon dslr´s were so quick and intuitive that I feel spoiled and doesn´t want to encounter any setbacks.
    I don´t know if I should post this on another thread? Is it possible to set up a top shot from the M5 in majestic mode? If positive, how is it done?
    Thank you in advance
    Tristan

11. Steve Maller

Which BM camera do you have?

12. Tristan Guercovich

Blackmagic Production Camera 4K

thanks for the quick reply!

13. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Tristan the only 'challenge' with the 4K is the output ports on the side of the camera. We had a couple in the booth and they both fit fine, but you will likely need right angle adapters for any remote output. That being said there is a dependency that the lens that is mounted relates to the fore and aft sliding of the camera for balance. In our case the booth cameras just barely had the output connector behind the vertical tilt bars. Any change where the camera needed to slide forward for balance would have been a challenge. if you find yourself in that situation one solution would be to add a bit of weight to the front of the camera.

No photos to show you but it will be clear when you get your M5. Other than the 'right' type of connectors you don't need anything else that I am aware of.

14. Tristan Guercovich

Thank you Gary,
    What you say about the conector makes a lot of sense since cage dimension of the M5 and the BM are quite similar. I guess the need to keep the body of the BM behind vertical tilt bars also provides additional side room to balance roll ( left and right axis ). Cool so I probably won't be needing any accessories. Just in case I use very lightweight lenses some weights to ensure the BM can sit way back in the cage, that won't be a problem I guess.
    I just did some testing with the MōVI M5, Canon 5D MarkIII, Zeiss Compact Primes, Arri Lmb-15 and Formatt filters and it works perfectly, I know wireless focus motor and video transmitter are missing but for the time being its a pretty solid setup.

Thank you very much Gary
    Tristan
    photo.JPG

Steve Maller likes this.
  15. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Have fun. Post some videos.

16. Zhongwen He

Zhongwen He New Member

Hi Tabb
    quickly question, if i order M5 tomrrow (4/29) Can i get my M5 before May 7th??? because i have a big celebration on May 8th.....;)

17. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Zhongwen you should send an email to support@freeflysystems.com to get a delivery date. There was a 4-6 week backlog when they started shipping on April 15th for filling all of the pre-orders. The support team may be able to get you a more accurate date on a new order.