/dist/images/branding/favicon

Converting my CS gimbal to a brushless gimbal

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Bill Collydas, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Bill Collydas

Bill Collydas Active Member

They seem to be ok. But if you going to swing the RED the clamp on the vertical piece is not good enough. They don't hold and if you try to tighten too much you will crack the tube.
    For the tilt tubes is fine they don't twist but the vertical tube will.
    Bill

2. Josh Haywood

Josh Haywood New Member

Thanks Bill!

I will stick with the Cinestar 360 ones I have already and put this guy on the end then. That should be strong enough right?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MV04...ge-system-with-1pc-GB85-motor/1506226697.html

3. Urs Clement

Urs Clement Member

Hi Josh,

I'm building a gimbal aswell for the Red/Bmpc4K, I've ordered all these gimbal parts for the gb85's from famoushobby today! Can tell you how it works as soon as i get it, approx. in 5-8days.
    But i think it will work well, i really like these alu-parts. Think they will reduce lots of vibrations in the gimbal frames, and another advantage is, that there are now perfect 90° angles between the roll bar and booms, and so between the landing gear and this alu piece. They look promising

EDIT:
    Oh crap.... didn't see your response Bill.... Did you try them? Hope i didn't order smth worthless.....
    Can't this be "fixed" by adding some rubber on the bottom and top clamps?

4. Urs Clement

Urs Clement Member

Some PlastiDip on these clamp pieces....? Ok for me its too late anyway :rolleyes: I'll try it, if it doesn't work, it looks like its still the normal clamp distance, so i could mount it with a normal carbon boom....

5. Josh Haywood

Josh Haywood New Member

Hehe your getting worried now aren't you Urs. I'm sure there is a way of making it work if you added some support to the sides of it. and bolted it down with a piece of cf across them all. I think I can see what Bill is saying tho it looks like the total area of contact on the clamp might be too small so to get the grib you need it has to be tight.

6. Urs Clement

Urs Clement Member

Yeah, really I am :p Was thinking about the metal clamps and how good they grip on the booms, so i thought it will hold enough, but if Bill says this, for shure I'm getting worried :) There really isn't a big surface for the grip....
    So I hope i can fix it in this or any other way... If it will handle the weight and doesn't slip, i think this vertical arm would be great....

7. Josh Haywood

Josh Haywood New Member

Urs,

Do you mind me asking if your running the 32bit alexmos board? I saw you were looking at trying it in an earlier post. I was thinking of ordering from aerialpixels.

8. Urs Clement

Urs Clement Member

It's on the way too... I'm waiting for 5 parcels from all over the world :p Everything needed for the gimbal for the bmpc4k and epic.

I've bought the alexmos from laserbgc.com, it's from turkey. That's where i've ordered the 8bit boards for my earlier gimbals too. Original Basecam and the price is great. But maybe the shipping costs way more to you than to switzerland.

9. Josh Haywood

Josh Haywood New Member

Don't you love the waiting!

Yeah I'm in Canada, If anyone knows somewhere with Original Basecam Alexmos 32bits in Canada or USA please let pipe in. Looks like Aerialpixels does not have them in stock yet.

10. Urs Clement

Urs Clement Member

I adore it..... :mad:;)

11. Bill Collydas

Josh try Mark at Flitelab.com he's in the east coast.

Bill

12. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Use the traditional Cinestar design and downtube with metal clamps. If you want the GB85 you can get the cage from brushlessgimbals. That's what I did.

_MG_0499.jpg

13. Josh Haywood

Josh Haywood New Member

Thanks Bill,

They don't have the 32bit's listed on their site so I dropped them an email.

14. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

Just ordered everything to convert mine to brushless. Finally!

15. Bill Collydas

Flyduino and Viacopter are shipping now, so he should have them in stock.

Bill

16. Klaus Stangl

Klaus Stangl New Member

I just installed it yesterday, using it on a BG004 with a FS700, really great upgrade in my opinion. No problem with the clamp-based style, but this upgrade makes life much easier.
    -Klaus

17. Darren Cox

Darren Cox New Member

Hi Everyone,

I need help!

Anybody in the UK, preferably midlands area but can travel, who can help me with gimbal tuning?

I've the cinestar 3axis with the Brushless Gimbals.com conversion, pan didn't work so that's now back to radion and servo, but I don't understand the software or process you go through, just need showing.

Willing to travel

Attached Files:

18. Urs Clement

Urs Clement Member

Hey folks,
    Does anyone already use the second IMU with the new 32bit board? Where did you mount the 2nd?

19. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Question for everyone using the alexmos board. What are you using for your pan and tilt speeds and setups?

20. Devin Card

Devin Card Member

We are using the new 32 bit board with brushless gimbal conversion kit. Awesome. we have it handheld and on the bottom of the copter with tilt control with rc. The 2nd IMU is on frame just below Yaw motor.
    Here is a test shot with up to 100mm.
    Here it is on vimeo:
    http://vimeo.com/92489984 pw: movi

Klaus Stangl likes this.