/dist/images/branding/favicon

A couple questions :)

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Ryan Sheets, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Ryan Sheets

Ryan Sheets Member

Hello,

I'm getting so close in my build.

I would like to attach a few photos that I can't figure out where they attach and specifically how. (Maybe I missed them in the DVD or they are different on the heavy lift)

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

Attached Files:

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Last red ones are for programming the MK boards. not sure what other components you have on your setup. First one is a some type of USB programming dongle. Middle is some type of power splitter.

3. Ryan Sheets

Ryan Sheets Member

Thanks Gary. I have the normal MK electronics that come with the Cinestar 8 HL from Quadrocopter.

I did also get two receivers with my transmitter...one that is slightly smaller than the other. I installed the bigger one already but didn't see anything about the second one. Any insight by chance on that?

Thanks!

Ryan

4. Dan Walker

Dan Walker Member

If you got the gimbal, you could use the second Rx (and a second Tx) to control the gimbal.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

The first and second ones are connected (big white plug of the first one goes into the socket wrapped in black heatshrink of the second). Together you use them to program the Graupner transmitter or receiver if/when you need to upgrade the firmware.

The third, as Gary said, is the Mikrokopter USB Adapter board covered on the DVDs. It connects from the USB port on your PC running MK Tool and the flight control board (FC) or the navigation control board (NC).

The small black "shorting plug" shorts together the two pins at the left hand of the MK USB Adapter if you want to provide +5v to the FC or NC. Why? Well, there's actually nothing to stop you connecting up the MK USB adapter to a completely freestanding NC or FC board that's not mounted on the copter and not connected to anything else.... This is not exactly obvious, but you can do it if, for some reason you want to test the board in isolation, or update the firmware.

Ordinarily, if the FC or NC boards are connected up and mounted on the copter, you will NOT use the shorting plug (personally, I park it on the MK USB Adapter board on just one of the pins (so it's not shorting the two pins together). I typically connect up to the FC board with the MK USB adapter. Again, this is all covered on the DVD. :)

With apologies for the blatant advertising (but I sense you might need the information!) did you also get a DVD that covers MK Tool? You can either get the DVD from QC at https://www.quadrocopter.com/Beginners-Guide-DVD-to-MK-TOOL_p_821.html (standard definition), or download the video file in high definition from http://rathergoodguides.com/dvds/mk-tool.html .

Andy.