/dist/images/branding/favicon

Battery Performance is good

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Nicolas T, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

I had the chance to use my M5 for an all day event on Saturday. Between the two batteries, I had it running almost all day, with it on for most of it. I got about 4 hours out of the first battery and the second one was still going well before I put it away. It did spend some time in the stand in the afternoon but left on. Definitely happy with the performance.:)

2. Sylvain Renaud

Sylvain Renaud New Member

Hi Nicolas,
    I'm glad you got a good charge out of your batteries. Did you recharge them yet ?
    All I'm getting is a flashing green light and no charge on both ? This after hours of trying.
    Do you know if this means the batteries are fried already ? I let them go too low ?
    Is it suppose to go all red first then green when fully charged ?

Syl

3. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

I followed the procedure from the manual/the 15 minute setup video given by Tabb. I plug in the charger, the leads, then the battery. The battery needs to be plugged in with the red leads a,d the white plug. The manual also shows you what the various LED's mean on the charger. I do not have it handy at the moment. Mine went from red to solid green and that is how I knew it was charged. It didn't take hours to charge either battery. I have only charged them once so far.

4. Sylvain Renaud

Thanks for your reply Nic
    I will look into it more closely. I thought I did it properly.

Syl

5. Steve Montoto

Steve Montoto New Member

Make sure to plug the batteries white plug in to the side of the charger S4 slot I believe, I'm not home rt now. If not it will just flash green.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That additional plug that Steve refers to is called the "balancing" plug -- it allows the charger to charge up each cell of the battery to the same voltage.

Andy.

7. Sylvain Renaud

Thank you Steve & Andy
    It might be a defective charger. Not sure yet in communication with Freefly. Will post update when I have it.

Syl