/dist/images/branding/favicon

Stuffing a Panasonic HPX170

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Tim Foster, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Tim Foster

Tim Foster New Member

Hi Guys,

We need to stuff one of our Panasonic HPX170's into the CS'8 360 gimbal. Before
    we started hacking away at the stock gimbal, we thought we would ask and
    see if anybody knew if it could be done or how to do it.

thx
    tim

2. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

People seem to fly the fs100 all the time, which is a similar size and weight. You might need some longer tubes to go to the tilt axis.
    Other than having a global shutter, I think there are much better options as far as cameras go, but I know we don't always have a choice.

3. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Hey Tim, a DP approached us last week about this specific camera. I guess he loves the custom profiles he has done. How did you make out with this?

Best,m

4. Tim Foster

Tim Foster New Member

Mike,
    I was able to get the 170 in after adding a longer tubes and the adjustable tilt arms.
    http://www.quadrocopter.com/Adjustable-Tilt-Bar-v1_p_554.html

I did run into some roll challenges that caused me to remove the 170 and try to solve the roll issues with a smaller camera.

I've been following your Roll Shake thread you posted and was anxious to see if anybody really solved the Roll issue.
    We've been able to minimize it but not completely smooth it out.

Have you been able to eliminate the Shake?

Happy Holidays
    tim foster

5. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Hey Tim. Thanks for the info. I've been meaning to get those tilt arms. I've already put in the longer tubes. AFA the roll shake, I'm still struggling. I've taken alot of advice and no joy yet, but I'm still hammering away. It seems like VERY MANY folks have this issue and there does not appear to be a silver bullet. How did the footage from the 170 look anyway?
    -m