/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian Help & FAQ's (??)

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Jon Fredericks, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Jon Fredericks

New thread for help on Radian setup.

2. Jon Fredericks

Working on 2 axis Radian setup - getting no power to tilt module. Running daisy chain (black-white-red) from roll module port 3, to tilt module port 1 per (Spectrum) diagrams and no dice. Ideas...suggestions...?? At a complete loss here.

3. John Cunningham

Hi Jon,

Does the tilt module work if you plug power directly into it ?. Power can go into any position on the radian - like a normal receiver.

I take it you mean no lights or anything when you say doesn't power up ?.

4. Louis Wilsher

Louis Wilsher New Member

I am having same problem, but have not tried to plug directly into the spektrum power. No, there are no LEDs that come on the tilt Radian when the roll Radian is plugged in; the tilt module is daisy chained but no matter what input is used, still no light.....Also, there are five three wire cords with the kit; the two identical longer cords do not reach between the roll wheel mount and the tilt mount so I used the fifth, longest cord, which seems to be the same (?) could this be the problem?

Thirdly, what kind of USB plug do I use for the programming board? I don't have a cable that works with the plug on the board......

5. Jon Fredericks

Yeah John, looks like no power (lights) whatsoever. Either I'm wired totally wrong or I've got a bum unit. My guess is the former, as I'm a pilot and not an electrical engineer. ;-)

6. John Cunningham

Can you plug some power directly into the tilt module to see if it powers up then ?.

All the lower pins on the Radian are power + gnd, so as long as the black and red wires connect it should power up.

The USB connector is a normal micro-USB - the sort most phones come with these days.

7. John Cunningham

Jon - mmm, can you unplug all the cables from the module and plug in a normal RC battery into any of the positions and see if any lights come on ?. Like I've mentioned, all the units are operated for some time during initial calibration so it does seem strange.

You can see how the cable goes in by the Futaba style notch on the Radian case.

8. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

I just got my 2-axis Radian kit. It came with 4 servo leads and the longest ones (270mm) are not even close to long enough to connect the tilt Radian to the roll Radian as described in the instructions and video. Am I missing something obvious or did they forget to include a long enough lead in my kit?
    thanks

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Well the QC web page for the Radians does say they only provide 270 servo extensions, but I just measured (with a piece of string) the routing that my servo cable makes from tilt to roll sensor and, taking a diagonal route across the "corrner" of the left side boom and the rear transverse boom, I measure it at 350 mm.

I have a stash of varying length leads so I must have grabbed a longer one for my setup without thinking too much about it.

This is probably a mystery that only Tabb can explain, I'm afraid. I've emailed him and asked him to check out your question.

I hate it when there is more gap than cable! :)
    Andy

10. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Tuber1der, your kit should have included a 375mm cable like Andy mentions. PM me your address and I will send a few out to you.

Thanks

Tabb

11. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

I also didn't get a long enough one. I had extra's sitting around though so just used one of mine.

Josh

12. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Josh, you got a completely different kit for beta testers.

13. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Thats what I figured. No Worries since it's all working well.

Josh