/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tilt Control Stick Must Be Centered When Mode Switch Is Enabled

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Josh Lambeth, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Josh,

Do you see any of these wobbles while hanging the copter? In my situation the only things I changed were making the vertical tube 2.5 cm longer and thus requiring me to move some of the radian wiring. After this my wobble went from tilt only to roll only. I'm beginning to think that there could be some electronic interference causing the jitters. When I hang my copter I do not see it. It's only while flying... That doesn't mean it's not there when I hang it but my idea is to plug in the copter and gimbal as flight ready and then hang and test. Maybe somehow there is interference in there...

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

3. Josh Lambeth

I too have never noticed it in my hanging tests... only in the flying ones. I have since almost eliminated it though with the zip-tie trick... Need to test more today.

Josh

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I wonder if you might achieve the same effect with these under the camera plate?

Andy.

5. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Yeah I've tried all kinds of vibration dampening but it doesn't seem to change things. See the vids in my gains thread... It's An outside view but the camera footage looked exactly the same in all aspects. Vibration also wouldn't explain my issues going from tilt to roll. I'll try out some more ideas today. It seems we have the same issues

6. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hi today I decided to try something new base on this thread vibrations issues, I notice that when the gimbal hangs there is more side to side movement than up/down specially if one stiffens the isolator with harder O rings I notice that some have put a cable tie around the isolator so got me thinking of a piece of soft silicone tubing that fits on the ID to the standof and fits on the OD the 2 CF pieces, only to give the damper lateral support with out it been stiff with the cable tie. Il do a test flight today

7. Josh Lambeth

Sounds interesting. Im anxious to see how that works!

Josh

8. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

Jose
    I tried what you are thinking already.
    I tried both rubber (like surgical tube) and vinyl 3/8"od and 1/4"id which fit perfectly. Unfortunately, my results were not good. It seems as soon as there is enough lateral pressure you get motor vibrations transferred through.
    But I do have several feet of each left if you want it. ;)

Joe

9. Jose Luis Ocejo

Thanks Joe I actually found a very soft silicone tube at Home Depot hardware store that fit perfectly I did a test and it looks like I had little vibration on the roll like you said so it may not be a solution after all.....in a few Il post the video rubber.jpg

10. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

What about servo gear backlash?
    Have you tried the felt under the servo wheel trick to give some slight resistance to movement? This was a fix that seemed to help when the photo higher gimbal stabilizer was having issues.

11. Jose Luis Ocejo

I am not seen motor vibration I am seen roll vibration tiny annoying vibration on horizon even with Xoars props that are super balanced I also lower the gains to 80% tomorrow Il do another test with out the rubber sleeves

12. Josh Lambeth

80% seems really low. When I was at 120% on my Roll I was seeing all the minor movements that the copter was making because the Radian wasn't reacting fast enough to remove that movement. Try taking it higher and see if it helps. It did on mine. I was at 145% on roll and it worked really well. I think I can actually go slightly higher with it. More testing will tell.

Josh

13. Jose Luis Ocejo

Ok I will do a test at higher Gains in diferent increments on each flight but what is keeping me thinking is you said at the beginning of this thread, that when the Radiant was off, the annoying mini vibrations went away wille still flying, I think I notice that too just before landing
    my guess is that we have to find the elusive recipe combination between payload, weight with proper gains for that weight, plus wind, plus how much vivrations we can smooth out with balance motors props etc, with proper copter and gimbal CG balance,... o and the right gimbal dampers combination....... o man........ will get there

14. Josh Lambeth

Yeah just a few things to take into consideration... And just now that I have everything balanced out and working well... I am going and changing everything up... ;)

Josh

15. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Josh, I might have missed it, and it may have changed, but at 145 on the roll, what camera and lens did you have (balanced I assume)?

16. Josh Lambeth

I was using a 5DMKII with 20mm F2.8 lens.

Josh