/dist/images/branding/favicon

alarm buzzer Off ?/Spektrum DX7S

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Igor Bondarev, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Igor Bondarev

Igor Bondarev New Member

Please help who knows! )
    Spektrum DX7S "- How to disable the alarm buzzer? (When not to move or anything) "WARNING SYSTEM IS INACTIVE ! "
    I could not find.
    Thank you.

2. Chris Herr

Chris Herr Member

I dug into mine, snipped the cable to the vibration motor, and covered the buzzer with hot glue. I'd like to completely remove the buzzer but it doesn't seem very straight forward. Does anyone have any advice on how to remove it?

Unfortunately you can not disable the buzzer/vibration through the software.

3. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

There is a firmware update available through the Spektrum website… downside is, you are required to create an account and register your device in order to download it. I still haven't gotten around to it myself.

4. Chris Herr

Chris Herr Member

And I'm going in there and filling it with glue... Thanks Austin for the tip.

Austin Glass likes this.
  5. Igor Bondarev

Igor Bondarev New Member

Install the update (for Spektrum )1.03. All that I found - is the ability to change the buzzer with 5min to 60 min.
    - Do I understand correctly? - is all that can be done?

6. Austin Glass

I was just experimenting with this myself. Someone told me the alarm could be completely removed (and at first I thought I had done so, but I was wrong). I'm trying to figure it out, but if someone already knows please chime in.

7. Austin Glass

Official suggestion from Specktrum support team was "you should unplug the battery."

Um… okay…

Sorry folks, I was wrong about the firmware update being the solution. It's an improvement, but still not a solution.

8. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

I haven´t had a look at the manual, but perhaps there is a button cell inside which they are talking about? They can´t honestly be talking about the main battery, can they?

9. Austin Glass

I'm pretty sure they were suggesting unplugging the main battery, but only during transit.

The other thing they said was that their case is designed to not allow the switch to be flipped when transporting. …uh, thanks but I'm not using ANOTHER case… how about you let me turn off the alarm with the firmware instead? A lot of us are now (thanks for Freefly) using these for non-aerial RC work, so it would be nice to have that option.

10. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

11. Duane Bradley

Duane Bradley Active Member

Wow, so glad to find this! I thought I was stupid not being able to find the setting in my Dx7s. I've checked a couple of times and thought it was just me! This thread makes me feel so much better!!