/dist/images/branding/favicon

NEW U7 motor tmotor

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by kjetil tønnesen, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

Here is a photo of a U7 next to a QC, Famous Hobby and a custom mount. The custom mount is just 3D printed, but I have a sheet of carbon fiber I plan to have them water jetted from. For coax, I have a version with and without press nut size holes. The non-press nut size is below and provides a nice snug fit for the M3 bolt.

If you get them from Famous Hobby notice the small center hole. Its the one that needs to be made a little larger. The QC mount is just too small and leaves the motor covering all the bolt holes.

I don't have a Kopterworx one, but I'm sure they would get the job done for you.

Hope this helps.

photo.JPG

Dave King and Patrick Thompson like this.
  2. Patrick Thompson

Nice work on the printing, Micheal.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Michael: Did you print with ABS or PLA?
    Also, do you plan to sell the design -- or would you consider posting the STL file so that those who have 3D printers can use it?

Thanks
    Andy.

4. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

great! big help. much appreciated...

5. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Bryan,

Neo frame from AceCore needs heavy modification on the arms for U7 motors. For U5, there won't be problems.

6. Patrick Thompson

Andy,

shoot me an email and I'll send you the IGES file that Micheal's mount is based on.

7. Dejan Mugosa

Dejan Mugosa Member

We Will try to fit them on NEO but it Will need heavy modification to arms. This is a future project.

8. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

Nobody trying the 18" props on their U7 machines yet? C'mon guys what's the holdup?! ;0)

9. Dejan Mugosa

Dejan Mugosa Member

We we tried them all. from 16 to 19 inch.

10. David Gu

David Gu New Member

Hi Every one and welcome to my first post.

So I have been lookin at these U series motors for some time now. Want to build a X8 or Y6 on 27/28 inch blades. To carry a GH4.
    Wonder what is the best frame for these motors. My options so far as I see it are. The Hammer ( do they sell just the frame ?) from koterworx, Famous hobby or a Kraken from FOXTECH

11. Dejan Mugosa

Dejan Mugosa Member

Well the frame is not avaliable as a solo unit and since the frame is produces at Kopterworx (not china) and the demand is high we dont have the option to sell it as a separate unit.
    THe famous hobby is check forum.
    The kraken will have a new function if you use u7 or u8 with 27 inch props. WHen you will start motors and puch trotle it will auto fold.

12. David Gu

David Gu New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA auto fold love it! yeah i wanted to see one before buying but just you posting that I will take your word on it.
    So if not these what one could you recomend! I just dont like the centerplates of the cinestars and cinestar clones. what in your opinion is the best for x8 if not your fantastic hammer?

I was looking at the gryphon but heard some bad feedback from a friend. Wondering if he might be wrong.

13. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

David, this is the Freefly forum, and while you’re welcome to express your opinion and ask others for theirs, you’re not likely to find a lot of people here who are using others’ systems. You might have better luck on one of the other forums.

14. David Gu

David Gu New Member

Sorry about that. Dont get me wrong though the cinestars are amazing! Just our gimbal does not like the center plate :(

For X8 on the cinestar do you guys recomend bigger props on the bottom?

15. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I’m running the same props (15” Tiger CF) top and bottom right now, and my results are good, so I’ll probably keep it that way.

16. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

So????? Which one do you like for the U7? I can't see why the 18" would not give the longest flight time, but so far everyone here only providing testing/feedback on the 17".

17. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

Chris,
    How do you like the super x flight control?

18. Dejan Mugosa

Dejan Mugosa Member

@David Gu
    Please dont experiment with this since different props on coax are not easy
    @ Brian Harvey
    18 inch xoar are also good. Any Slowfly 18 inch are too much. BTW how much trust do you need that you want 18 inch props.

19. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

Hi Lanzar,
    I am building X8 with the U7 490kv to fly 12-13 pounds RED camera payload. I'm just looking for longest flight times, not necessarily more thrust. I would expect longer flight times with 18" over 17" correct?

Your Hammer X8 looks amazing, but too much $$$ for me.I wish I could afford one!

20. Dejan Mugosa

Dejan Mugosa Member

Well u7 490 with 18 inch will be too much for the current load if you ask me. And also maybe you would gain 1 min which to me is not important if you push the motors too high. What voltage will you go for 5s or 6s or 8s. Also important.

Bryan Harvey likes this.