/dist/images/branding/favicon

Props not lining up!!!

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Marty Ferris, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Marty Ferris

Marty Ferris New Member

Hi everybody,

I have a very annoying problem with my cinestar 8, the booms coming out of the hub are not all level which is causing my blades to not be parallel. The motors have been lined up with a digital bevel box, but the blades are still way off, I have checked the tracking of the blades and they are fine?
    Surely it is not going to fly well like this! I am at a loss at how to fix it. The gap is 4mm!!o_O

Please, any help would be very welcome!

Marty

2. William Johnston

It will probably fly fine. I should ask though, did you level the cinestar before you leveled the motors?

3. Marty Ferris

Marty Ferris New Member

Thanks for replying, yes I Leveled the frame beforehand and then zeroed the bevel box on the battery tray,I have even put a bubble spirit level on the prop mounts and they are all ok? Is anyone else flying their airframe like this? I may be over fussy but I am from an Rc heli background and have it ingrained to have everything aligned 100%:(
    Thanks again,

Marty

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Marty:
    In which axis are the props not level please?
    I'm presuming that you have rotated the booms to level the props at 90 degrees to the booms they're on, so I'm inferring that they are non-level on the long axis of the booms -- they're either pointing inwards towards the hub or outwards from the hub?

If so, Tabb posted on this topic a couple of days ago to the effect that this was quite normal and not to be concerned about it. I did a quick search for the post, but I can't find it....but that's all it said, anyway...

Hope this helps reassure you.
    Andy.

5. William Johnston

Yeah, it flies fine. The flight controller will make the necessary adjustments to keep the Cinestar flying correctly. It doesn't have to be mechanically perfect.

6. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Marty, can you post a picture about this?

7. Marty Ferris

Marty Ferris New Member

Thanks everybody for your responses:)

Andy I mean when the props are horizontal to the boom they are not level,from the hub to the mounts the booms rise up the motors are definitely not at an angle and the props are running true, just some blade tips are higher than their neighboring tips??
    I have enclosed a couple of pictures to show what I mean:

Apologies for the props being out of focus, but I think you will see what I mean.

Sincerely, many thanks for all the help and advice you have given me,

Marty

Attached Files:

8. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

With those being wood props the odds of them being warped is very slim... is the other side of the same prop that is higher lower or even with the one next to it?

Josh

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Good point, Josh.

Marty: if you rotate the two adjacent motors 180 degrees and brings the other blades together, does the same error present?
    If so, then motors are not vertical with respect the long axis of the booms.

There is this thread that may be helpful. You're not alone with this problem.
    [Edit: I changed the name of the thread from "How to Balance the Motors" to "How to Align the Motors." I think that more accurately describe its content -- let's hope I didn't break any links in the process!]

Andy.

10. Pavlos Antoniou

i Think that the problem is not the cinestra but the props are having tracking problems..!

I will start a new thread about this problem.!

11. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Hi Marty.

In order to be able to use bigger props on my little Mikrokopter Okto-2 I have raised every second motor 20mm and it works very well indeed.

Shows here on pic 5-7

http://www.nerstrom.se/gall/jannesokto/

/Janne