/dist/images/branding/favicon

User adjustable shaky cam

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by bevan goldswain, Oct 23, 2013.

1. bevan goldswain

This was one of the key features that got me really excited about the movi.

"User Adjustable Shakey Cam

In some instances, camera movement / shake is a desirable aesthetic choice. The difficult part is quantifying the amount and type of 'shake' to effectively convey the emotion of the scene. The MōVI overcomes this limitation by allowing the user to define variable noise filters that mimic the user's movements."

I have seen no mention of this in the manual, the GUI or training videos.
    Is this a feature that was dropped/still in development ?

The only way I can see to adjust shakiness is to change the majestic mode settings, but that's not quite the same as what was described as 'user adjustable shaky cam'

Anyone know more about this?

2. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

There's actually a few features announced that aren't available yet, like movement recording (which would be amazing for plugging in to the 3D camera motion solving software) or automatic inversion mode, aka steadicam mode. There's no mention of these features in the manual.

However I am sure FF are working hard to get these things out. Shouldn't be long right guys?

3. bevan goldswain

Seriously?

So they advertised a whole list of features that the product will have very clearly at: http://www.movirig.com/products/m-vi-m10
    Then ship the thing without those features?

No one from freefly has said anything to me along the lines of: "Hey I know we promised loads of things, but well a lot of that is still in the works. Sorry."

Did freefly mention anywhere that several features would not be ready when the M10 ships?

4. Arturo Bernardi

Maybe some guys from freefly can reply this post...i thought that movement recording would have been included from the launch!

5. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

You can mount it inverted if you want now. When you turn it on and it initializes, it'll know what your trying to do. It'll put more stress on the pan motor if you are in any way out of balance because your working against gravity, so be aware of that.

6. bevan goldswain

what about user adjustable shaky cam?

7. Justin Marx

Justin Marx Active Member

Probably get a quicker response if you email support@freefly.com. I'm sure Denise has the answers and or timeline.

8. bevan goldswain

I've just sent them a message, I'll update here when I get a response.

9. Hey Bevan...Chris will be responding to your ticket, but I will also post a response here. This is still a feature that we will have, it is just scheduled for a future firmware update. Along with the shot recorder that Brett mentioned earlier. I will post a time-frame for release as soon as I get one as I know you are all anxious to use these features.

10. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

Looking forward to that firmware update! I have big plans for these advanced features.

11. Grant Appleotn

Grant Appleotn New Member

Hi I was researching this topic of "User Adjustable Shakey Cam" and I cant find any info about when the update will be released ? did any of you guys get a response from FF about this and other promised features such as the shot recorder?
    Thanks

12. Hi Grant...Our apologies but a date has not been provided as of yet and I know me saying it should be out soon is a bit vague but we are finishing up testing and should have a date shortly. Once testing is complete, we will post an update of exactly what is in this firmware update and the availability date.