/dist/images/branding/favicon

New MK Firmware (Beta 0.91 as of 14.06.2013)

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Steve Maller, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I think the next non-beta is going to be 2.02.

Andy.

2. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Had a bad yaw issue also on latest firmware. Copter flew great then all the sudden went full yaw left... I got the copter back on the ground without it crashing. Looked at all the log files, no faults what-so-ever. I decided to put the older 1.90j firmware back on the copter and she flies great now! Something def. wrong with the newest 2.0 firmware releases.

Josh

3. Andrew_Lewis_aka_LOTCP

Dammit! I just finished installing a non-acc upgrade FC board, then I read that they have a new version out. DOH! Oh well, I'll use the acc upgrade board on my other hex. Hope to get my new prop mounts today so I can test.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I wonder whether you needed to recalibrate the ACC and/or compass, Josh?
    Did you also delete the SETTINGS.INI from the microSD card and check that the MK Tool settings were ok when you upgraded?

Andy.

5. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Oh, crap.
    What version are you running?
    I’m running this one from a couple weeks ago.
    It’s working great.
    MK Version: FC HW:2.2 SW:2.01e + NC HW:2.0 SW:2.01e

6. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

FC 2.5 Beta 2.01g: I had a minor crash today myself. I was just hovering, face in, doing a yaw and my copter started going away from me. I yawed more, hit CF, and pulled back on the stick, and it still continued to drift away. I then made the mistake of pushing the stick up, thinking things were reversed, and that just made it worse. I ran into some branches about 5ft off the ground. No harm done other than a crack in one spot on the landing gear.
    From the pic you might be able to tell I was pulling back on the stick, the tilt of the copter is toward me, but the copter continued to the upper right, and away from me. The weird part is it was going this way with the stick just about at neutral. Maybe the wind was worse around the side of the house. And probably just didn't give it enough time on the pull back before jamming it up..
    Still not exactly sure what happened? The weirdness starts at about 596 if you want a take a look.
    I did notice the "MAN CTRL" kept going on and off. Not sure what that means. I did have AH on too!
    I flew another battery right after with no problem, but was real careful.

Attached Files:

7. Andrew_Lewis_aka_LOTCP

Damn dude. A few months ago I had something similar to this happen to me. I switched AH with CF on and the chopper became uncontrollable. It went INTO the woods nearby backwards and somehow I was able to hit the switches off and fly it to safety. It actually went through a few trees! Those MR props from APC are TOUGH. My Hex flew so SO nice before the ACC upgrade. PS, I don't upgrade with an SD card and I calibrated everything a whole lot.

8. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Andy I think Josh is still running the I2C converter where there has been known issues with yaw with using MK and the I2C electronics together. Maybe the tweaks Josh did to get the 2 to work together completely changes with 2.0 because of the new parameters of the new electronics MK has just rolled out. Just a thought to ponder.

9. Dave King

Gary what is your setup? What electronics do you have?

10. Gary McCready

I'm running Mikrokopter with the new FC 2.5. (MK everything, Esc, Navi, GPS) Smart OSD, Xbee 3DR, Graupner GR-16 Rx, CS6, CS gimbal, t2i I also have a 5.8ghz tx but it was not on, as I was just messing with the Stick settings a bit.
    The new MK GPX viewer is pretty cool, dated Aug 2013.!
    You can see I hit the CF, and the Vario Down is green for like 5 ticks before, and still going away from me. I hit the "up", then of course, the Vario Up is green till the crash.
    In the GPS view you can even see my heli is "face out". The "red" arm is pointing away from me.
    Still wondering what the "Man Ctrl" is doing going on and off all the time? I wasn't flying waypoints or anything.

11. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Gary,
    I looked at your GPX file, and I see that you took off and were flying quite a bit with Position Hold and Care Free engaged. Then they were both turned off around the same point in the GPX file. Is it possible that your switch settings on your transmitter are a bit munged up? This can happen on firmware updates (it’s happened to me). I strongly believe that Care Free mode is a dangerous proposition, and should be avoided at all costs. And it’s especially dangerous when you are in and out of it during a flight. With a good OSD you can probably maintain awareness of the state of that switch, but it’s really easy to make a mistake, and it can be very costly. As happened to me the first and last flight I ever made with Care Free.

12. Gary McCready

Yea, it was windy, 15-20, and I was seeing how things were holding! I usually fly with OSD and Pirate eye glasses, but I was just mucking around in the front yard. I'm beginning to agree about CF, seems it messed me up this time.

13. Dave King

Amen!

14. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

I flew with 2.02a today and I can say it flew very nice with PH. No circling for me.

15. Andrew_Lewis_aka_LOTCP

I installed a non-2.2 upgrade board and downgraded to 0.90j. The erratic yaw twitch is gone and she flies good except carefree is wondering off point as I yaw around. 2 full spins and it's 90° off. I see 2.02a came out while we were discussing this on this thread. I will switch back to the 2.2 board and try the new firmware. I just did a test vid on the BMPCC and it looks usable finally. I hope 2.02a is stable.

My opinion of carefree is it was a good tool to learn with but now I find it to be unnecessary. If you are filming action then you will usually fly FPV. If you are doing pano's and aerial photog then you are on PH and GPS. CF would be nice on my Hubsan x4 so I don't lose it.

I'm building another 950mm CarbonCore with MK electronics and it will be my loop machine. I find after flying the big rig with the gimbal and camera I crave flying fast and silly so I go straight to my hubsan. A big chopper with no load would be crazy fun and scary as hell too.