/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cinestar 6 and long fligth time?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 6' started by kjetil tønnesen, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

Your idea works as well, in fact it might be more cost effective then the fancy contours maybe. EDIT: Although the concave contour will allow smaller motors to not have disrupted air if their is too much margin. This could be why the current mount is tight designed to mitigate as much of the disruptive surface. I do like quadro design, though for the motor holes being a slit, this seems to allow for more flexibility. Some motors have asymmetrical spacing on the mount holes.

Larger round holes look like they are functional for motors like the Navigator series venting through the bottom. Just some thoughts.

Shaun

2. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

I agree - the venting would be better through the bottom and we also need that big hole in the middle for the bottom portion of the shaft that extends just slightly beyond the bottom plate. I'd go for the fancy contours as well.

3. Patrick Thompson

This should work. I'd recommend 7075 aluminum, 2mm.

Screen shot 2013-12-14 at 6.27.21 PM.png Screen shot 2013-12-14 at 6.28.23 PM.png Screen shot 2013-12-14 at 6.30.32 PM.png

4. Patrick Thompson

5. Shaun Stanton

Whats the length from the press nuts ?

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

The ones Jason posted can be had from alliexpress, FamousHobby. 49mm at the widest part.

7. Shaun Stanton

That's what I thought they were from. Now I am little puzzled I didn't they work the U7's based off of the Tiger website shows the outer diameter of the bell being ~60 mm. Looks like the bottom may just barley fit but not enough room to get a wrench on the M3 bolt.

[​IMG]

8. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

It will be close. Just measured the diagonal dimension between the edges of the press nuts. Measures 58.12mm. Would be nice if they gave a dimension on the bottom of the U7. Doing a bit of measuring on their drawing it looks like the base is ~53mm.

9. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

I have some U7s and the problem I ran into with the mounts QC sells is that you could get the motor attached to the plate, but you buried the press nuts under the motor. Anyone wanting to use U7s in a coax set up is going to need more room to get at both ends of the bolt. I just measured the narrowest span across the bottom and it is 53mm as Gary indicated. I included a couple photos of the QC mount with the U7 just to show basic size and another to show what it would be like if the press nut holes were tight to the edge of the bottom of the motor. I think if they are in the space where it narrows from 60-53mm people could end up with a bolt height problem or not have the ability to use / add a nylock - especially if you need a solution to go from the bottom of a lower motor to the top of an upper motor (using them in a coax set up). If someone is able to modify the design to work with U7s in a coax config I am happy to buy them or pay someone to cut them (preferably from carbon). I am anxious to try out the U7s.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG