/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cinestar 6 and long fligth time?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 6' started by kjetil tønnesen, Oct 12, 2013.

1. kjetil tønnesen

hELLO
    i want to build a cs 6 with 360 gimble and a nikon D800 camera,and get some long flightime
    Do anyone have a good setup for that?
    I am thinking using dji with 6s lipo and 17"-18" props
    and maybe the tigermotor navigator 330kv??
    is it possible to get maybe 15min fligthtime out off it??
    Anyone:)

2. Ary Suryanto

Ary Suryanto New Member

Im using TMotor 4014 340kv with TMotor prop 17X5.8 v2. Esc DYS 40A simonk V2. My X8 15.2-15.5(6.9 kg-7 kg) lbs with 5D+small fix lens & 2X 5500mah 6s 35C. I got easy 12 min or more in slow flight. Full speed flight 8 min. Landing every 12.6v
    just survived 3 days assignment(6-8 flight per day), mostly in high winds condition. very stable, no wobble

Attached Files:

3. kjetil tønnesen

that was good news
    i shall look at this setup
    do you use dji
    does it fly well with it?

4. Ary Suryanto

Ary Suryanto New Member

wkm 5.22. yes, big propeler need a rigid frame. motor bearing are my concern now. i've tried from eizo to boca, but didnt last long. i crashed once during hover (low altitude), it might cause the problem.
    do you know link to radial silicon bearing suplier?

this topic are getting warm in other forum. you might want to check it ; http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...14-330kv-or-400kv-which-would-you-chose/page4

5. kjetil tønnesen

ok i will take a look

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ary welcome to the forums. Would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/.

Also is that a typo on the voltage that you are running the battery down to prior to landing?

7. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

I am doing a simialar setup on a Cinestar 8 frame. Same motors but using FF motor control. One question though you say you are landing at 12.6?? is this typo? Are you really landing at 22.6 12.6 seems like you are depleting the battery down to nothing.

8. Ary Suryanto

Ary Suryanto New Member

6s battery. Alert 21.7, landing 21.6v.
    would you share your experience with FF motor control? compare to wkm? I have a plan to build giant quad for mapping using U power Tiger Motor.

9. Shaun Stanton

I am still building it as we speak. I am waiting for the the frfeefly heavy motor mounts designed for Tiger motors from Quadrocopter The FF motor control is not an autopilot system. Its a power distribution block that has a 12V VR for lights and other equipment that requires 12V power like video equipment if one desires to tape off of the main power. It has 8 40A ESC's for 6S batteries. I bought a a WKM as the autopilot that will run signals for the fF ESC's. Some people have done an I2C conversion for their MK until synapse comes out.
    I decided that my other copter will be medium lift with the standard MK boards, but both will be coaxial.

As for the ability to run those tiger U8's I think you will need a higher V battery than a 6S and ESC's that can handle higher Voltage. Those are 100Kv motors. I thought about them for two seconds but realized those are probably not suited for what I was doing. 100KV motors will need more voltage probably 8S or even higher for the best efficiency. The Kopterworks Heavylift Octo is using 4 batteries. Two in series then combined in parallel. My assumption is that they are two 4S in series to make one 8S but they could be 5S or even 6S making a 10 or 12S equivalent battery. I think they U8's are rated for 12S.

Ill start posting pics as I start building and let you know how the FF setup works with WKM and T 4014's.

Shaun

10. Ary Suryanto

Ary Suryanto New Member

tiger U8 kv 100 best eficiency runing with 6s. here are the spec's. I will order it next week

Attached Files:

11. Shaun Stanton

I saw that data before it does look impressive. I wonder what kind of throttle response you will get out of them. I suppose pretty good with 6S. Ill be interested in your results.

Just a quick question how do you like the 4014's? I opened one of the boxes, they feel kind of notchy like my cheap NTM 28mm motors that I have on my DJI 550 Flamewheel Clone. Compared to my quadropower QC3328's that are the stock CS8 Motor, the 3328's almost have no frictional feel to them what so ever. The 4014's feel like the rotor is really rubbing against the the stators. I am curious is going to add a lot of vibration to the system or if will be negligible once they are turning.

It will be intersesting to know if the U8's are as notchy,

Shaun

12. Ary Suryanto

Ary Suryanto New Member

4014 from my octo: 4 are still perfect.
    all motors are factory balance. I've check all of them, there are blue plastics inside motor dont remove it.
    i need a real good bearing, I bought boca/eizo. maybe some of them are fake/copy. Quality are different

13. Ary Suryanto

Ary Suryanto New Member

I dont have QC3328. It a bit notchy compare to my 3515. A different design of motor. Compare to 3515 with 14X4.7 I prefere 4014 with 17X5.8.
    400kv is a history. from now I will build quad with lower kv, longer flight time

14. Shaun Stanton

Yeah I think these are made by a specific motor manufacture. I bought 4 from Quadrocopter, the last 4, they are now stocking only 4012's. Then I bought 4 from another RC supplier. The ones from QC came in generic black boxes, in fact the same type that the 3328's came in. These 4 are unmarked, the other 4 came in big cubic boxes padded with Foam. The box and the motors have the T-motor logo on them. As far as I can tell they are the exact motor both have the Japan EZO barings just one set will say T-motor.

My assumption is that there is a standard factory that manufactures motors to a distributor's specs. That those motors get labeled wit the company logos or left off by request. I have seen the QC3328's being offered with a different model from another manufacture with exact specs, in fact now the motors are being labled Freefly 3328's by certain suppliers.

It appears that RC timer is carrying the U or U8 knockoff under their own brand with the same specs.

I'll be interested in your results. Sounds like you will hell of a super lifter.

Shaun

15. kjetil tønnesen

16. Shaun Stanton

Looks like a decent motor. I like the design of using the impeller blades to aid in cooling.

17. kjetil tønnesen

yes i also like the fan design
    :)

18. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

We are using the U8's on our Red Epic UAV's
    - Tiger U8's getting average of 20 minutes (lifting Epic - light package)
    - Tiger U8's getting average of 35 minutes (lifting BMPC)
    - Tiger U7's getting average of 10 minutes (lifting Epic - fully kit'ed package)
    - Testing U11's once we receive them (should lift the max SFOC's AGW "75lbs" :)

Bryan Harvey likes this.
  19. Shaun Stanton

What size propellers and battery combination are you using for each?

20. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

That's the secret sauce :)

Not rocket science to figure out & test, just cost us around 15k to do so.
    Send me an email if you want to know more.

Jason Toth
    DP / Director / Aerial Pilot
    Revered Cinema "RVRD"

toll free: 1.888.309.RVRD (7873)
    direct: 1.604.722.3885
    email: jason@rvrd.com
    web: www.rvrd.com