/dist/images/branding/favicon

Transmitter Issue

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Jamie Merchant, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Jamie Merchant

Jamie Merchant New Member

We have got our MOVI working really well in majestic mode but we are having issues with our remote control. When we set it to the remote mode the MOVI reacts by making the camera tilt down to the ground and to maintain a level position and you have to use the remote point the lense back up.

I have tried adjusting the configuration settings and the settings on the transmitter but it still doesn't want to work properly. Is any one else having this problem?

2. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

I would try resetting to factory defaults first, see if that fixes it. But I'd guess the reason it's doing that would have to do with the remote operator values, which you can off-set either in software or via the trim controls on the remote.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jaime take a couple of photos of the transmitter. First one simply power on the transmitter and shoot the main screen. Second one press the roller bar once to get to the menus. Roll the bar to the right to get down to the monitor selection and then press the roller bar again to bring up the monitor window. Shoot a photo of that screen. Attach both photos using the Upload a File button.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

As Brett suggests, you could cause this problem if you have full trim down on the Transmitter. Gary's suggestion will produce images that will tell us if that is the case.

Andy.

5. Jamie Merchant

Hi Gary thanks for trying to help us out. Here are the photos. It occurred to me today that our remote is set to aeroplane mode, does it matter if it is in helicopter mode or aeroplane mode for the purposes of the Movi? movi 3.jpg Movi 2.jpg movi 1.jpg

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Jamie:
    Gary's was right (he usually is :) ) : You've got a lot of tilt down trim and this will cause the problem you describe.
    The trim is visible in the last image as the vertical rectangle to the right of the airplane's tail. There is a little dark rectangle that marks the current setting -- it should be centered vertically, but you can see it's significantly above the horizontal center line.

This trim has the effect of adding a constant tilt down -- as though you were pushing the right hand stick away from you.

To fix the problem, power on the transmitter, locate the black slider switch that is directly to the LEFT of the right hand stick (it's directly in line above the aircraft diagram's cockpit canopy and just up and slightly to the right of the power switch) -- and pull it towards you. You will hear a clicking noise and see the dark rectangle in the right most vertical moving down to the horizontal center line. When it's right on the center point you will here a beep instead of a click.

Please post again so we know whether this fixed the problem.

Check all of the other trims and make sure they are centered too.

Andy.

7. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Just so that you don't have an issue in the future center all of 4 of the trims. The left stick is at the top of the scale which means the pan speed is not at zero.

8. Jamie Merchant

Hi Gary.

Thanks for the help. Adjusting the trim on the tilt sorted the problem out and we have our rig working well now.

Jamie

9. Orlando Briones

Orlando Briones New Member

Uploading two images.

Im having pan drifting issues. Ive tried locking it all in place but i can not get the pan to lock at all. Not sure what else i need to do. I am currently mid shoot.

Attached Files:

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Orlando: I was a bit surprised to see that the "Model" that you have selected is an "09 Acro Airplane." Is this a custom Model that you have set up? Normally FF ships the DX7s with a Model call 01 MoVI M10.

Could you check to see if you have the MoVI M10 model -- from the main screen press the Clear and Back buttons simultaneously to get into the Model Select menu.

Andy.

11. Orlando Briones

I bought the Movi second hand so this is what it came with.

Attached Files:

12. Orlando Briones

Looks like the setting was there. Just changed it to the mov m10. Looks like ill have to rebind it.

Attached Files:

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hmm. When you change Models, I don't think you have to rebind -- but the metric of that is whether or not the Transmitter can talk to the Receiver -- if it can, then all is well, if it cannot, then you need to rebind.

More to the point, when you switch to 01 MoVI as the Model, does that fix the original problem?

Andy.

14. Orlando Briones

Just rebinded(had to) and yes problem still remains.

15. Sam Donaghy Bell

Make sure your pan trim is in the middle. That's all that I can think of from personal problems with pan drifting.

16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Sam: If you look at Orlando's very first image, the pan control is set up to be on AIL (channel 2) and is apparently centered. It's certainly worth checking, though -- the DX7s makes a higher pitched "beep" when you are on the center value.

Orlando: If you go into the Configurator App (I happen to be using it on a Mac) can you check the setting under Radio Config for the Pan Value. On mine it flickers between 1507 and 1508 microseconds. What are you seeing?

Also if you go into the Chart mode, are you seeing the Yaw angle gradually changing?

Finally, what values do you have for Operator Config, Pan smoothing (I have 5), Expo (10), and Window (8).

Thanks
    Andy

17. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Aileron/Pan channel show -1%. It is not centered and would do a very slow pan.

18. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Funny, I see -1% on mine and it does not do a slow pan.

Andy.

19. Orlando Briones

Ill check on friday. I had to keep reseting the shot after everytake. Thanks for the help guys!