/dist/images/branding/favicon

New firmware 2.0e w GPS changes (10-10-2013)

Discussion in 'Cinestar 6' started by Gary McCready, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

It would not surprise me if they both come out around the same time, give or take a few months. Being that my MK will stay a medium lift rig for now carrying my GH2 I will keep that setup. I am leaning more towards the Synapse, when it does I will most lively convert the MK rig over. I guess I will have to figure out what to do with the MK stuff when that day comes. I suppose I will build another rig for personal use with them maybe use it as a test rig to do copter experimentation to quantify some of the Anecdotes out there.

2. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

BL3 please BL3 Please please :D

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

4. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

5. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Why does it fill that we are begging for answers

6. Steve Maller

...and now we're on to 2.01 and it's posted as a public beta. There are a couple of interesting changes:

7.7 - (since NC2.00f) Bugfix: in locations with big magnetic declinations, the MK had an Heading error when flying Waypoints and dPH
    7.8 - (since NC2.00f) If the MK starts without GPS-Fix, ComingHome was disabled. Now the Position for CH is the first GPS-Fix in flight -> in most cases that is close to the starting point and better than not coming back

http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-44207.html

7. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Interesting. I wonder why the definition of "big magnetic declinations" consists of.

8. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hmm, flight controls seem to be changing a bit, I don't think I'm ready to move forward to 2.01 after reverting from 2 back 0.90 until that position hold is confirmed as resolved ..... Has anyone moved to 2.01 who was having PH issues with 2.0??

9. Steve Maller

My thoughts exactly.

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Check the map here: http://maps.ngdc.noaa.gov/viewers/historical_declination/
    You can see the isogonic lines -- and Germany is more or less on the line of zero declination.

Where I am (Portland, OR), has 15 degrees East. My guess is "big" actually means much above two or three degrees.

You can figure out the declination for your area here: http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/geomag-web/#declination (Enter your zip code, and click on "Get Location", then click on "Calculate." If you just enter your Zip code and hit Return, it doesn't seem to work.

Andy.

11. Steve Maller

I'm at 13 degrees plus. Can't wait to get home and try this out.

12. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

13. Steve Maller

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

On my MK Hexa XL flight test copter (no gimbal, no payload, 22 minutes, QC6200!), 2.01 works well in PH, Steve.
    I tried it with boom #1 on all of the main cardinal points on the compass. Slight drift of maybe a couple of feet or so.

Andy.

15. Steve Maller

Hmm.

16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Yeah. You read my mind. Now with the MK Hexa XL, the Lipo is underneath the hub, well below the FC/Navi/GPS.

Makes you wonder, don't it?

Andy.

17. Steve Maller

The hardware has just arrived for the boom mods, so I'm going to do it in the next few days. Unfortunately, I just landed a video project that's going to consume a lot of my time, so I may not be able to do much flying. But I'm very, very curious.

18. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Yeah, it's a pain when paying clients distract one from the real work, isn't it! :)

Andy.

19. Steve Maller

Bastards!

20. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

Bit the bullet and got the new MK FC 2.5. Took me 3 hours to get it to work. Got a "FC not compatible error" , which in engineer German speak means update the Navi. Opened MKtools, updated the Navi to the latest available (according to MKtools). Still got the error, tried updating FC, now FC not recognized, but Navi is..... Used the "bricked" FC fix a few times, but still no green lights on the FC, only on the Navi.
    Went to the to FC 2.5 sales page: "To be used with firmware from version 2.00d" Went to the MK firmware DL page:
    http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/KategorieFirmware
    http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/Firmware-2.00
    FlightControl V2.00a for the black FC (FC2.1) (MEGA1284) but that is not "d"
    So obviously "Click here for all versions" is NOT all versions!!!!

Well the latest, according to MKTools is 2.00a. Found this link that was posted in THIS thread awhile back: http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-44207.html
    which then took me: http://mikrocontroller.com/files/PublicBeta/
    And with those files updated the MKTools, FC and Navi and finally got everything to work!!!

I am so used to going to MKTools and downloading the latest versions but they didn't work. Latest FC, Navi or MKTools versions were not up to date, I needed 2.00e or 2.01e??
    So I wasted most of an entire afternoon with this MK disorganized mess!! What a PITA.
    If you update your FC to 2.5 I hope this post saves you some time and aggravation.
    The good news is my CS6 flew great in 20mph winds today.

Dave King and Colin Snow like this.