/dist/images/branding/favicon

Affordable replacement booms?

Discussion in 'CineStar FAQ - Tips and Tricks' started by Devin Card, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Devin Card

Devin Card Member

Looking for different length tubes for replacements and my own new builds. Any leads to places that are more affordable then Quadrocopter

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Devin QC is the only distributor/dealer for North America.

3. Brandon Loeser

4. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

5. Devin Card

Devin Card Member

Thanks Howard! Brandon I have tried those too and just dont like the wait time ;)

6. Sebastian Meredith

Sebastian Meredith Active Member

7. Peter Gøthche

8. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

The Aliexpress ones, sold through famous hobby are 100% identical to the ones QC sells, and you can get two for 45$ I believe, hes got 400mm 450mm 500mm and 550mm, the regular cinestar 8 is 450mm i believe, I have four spares I bought through them, shipped via DHL had it in a week, you can also get identical camera gimbal upgrades for half the price of QC, 17$ for a boom clamp is insane. I buy all my spares from them.

Howard Dapp likes this.
  9. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Yeah I mentioned that before about QC's pricing...annoys me. Yeah I can go elsewhere but it still annoys me. Thank heavens I'm not a newb! I know where to get the quality goods for cheap.

10. John Butkus

John Butkus Member

25 days to process? 25 days to ship?

11. Erik Ronald

Erik Ronald Member

John, the Famous Hobby store on Aliexpress will ship out within a day or two, even though the site states such a long lead time. They are very attentive and are on the live chat daily. I have purchased a lot of parts including ones they don't have listed in their store, but that I saw on their products (motor mounts, different brackets). A quick live chat and they gave me a fair and affordable price. Just placed an additional order with them today. I am in Dubai and I have the stuff within 4-5 days. I would estimate a week or so to he US via DHL but others could offer their shipping times.

12. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

i get my stuff from famous hobby in a week. i just had one package ship ill tell you when it gets here, so you get the real time line, he ships dhl only

13. Kristian C

Kristian C Member

All these replacement booms state that they're 25x23mm. The QC site says the stock booms are 25x25mm. Anyone have any problems with the 2mm difference?

14. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

i have used those too but famous has 25x25's may have to look for them

15. Brandon Loeser

I believe the QC site may have them listed wrong. 25mm x 23mm just means the outside diameter is 25mm and the inside is 23mm. Meaning the boom is 1mm thick. There's no way the QC booms are 25x25... they wouldn't exist :)
    The famous booms will do the trick, no problem.

16. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

Brandon Is correct, I never used 25mm thick booms haha, I just took a QC and a famous and they are identical, if you are getting them from famous, they will absolutely work

17. Kristian C

Kristian C Member

Freakin awesome guys. I feel bad to QC since i've been such a loyal customer, but come on....$800 just to upgrade to 550mm vs $112? Kind of a no brainer.... Thanks for the help guys

18. Gil Rosenthal

Gil Rosenthal New Member

Hi Guys,
    Not a Cinestar owner but up a similar tree.
    25mm CF booms from Himodel.com are 30% cheaper per length unit than FamouseHobby.
    They also carry very nice aluminum cnc boom clamps at lower costs than FH, and with varying widths.
    For any ditching Mikrocopter FC, FH carry a nice Octo-ESC plate, and for a high amperage power distro board check this out:
    http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/the-2589/Sigma-Black-Whirlwind-8/Detail.
    I will respect the rest, this being a FreeFly forum :)