/dist/images/branding/favicon

Preorder options

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Tristan Twisselman, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Anton Ligaarden

Anton Ligaarden New Member

Thanks Denise! Sent you an email.

2. Hamed Aghaei

Hamed Aghaei New Member

Sorry , maybe this is not relates to this topic , but as i didn't find any useful info about my question (and no answer from support[at]freeflysystem) , I want to ask my question in this topic .

To be honest , I'm so confused about your M10,M5 mounts . couple days
    ago I read something in Vincent Laforet's blog.Here it is :

"It?s actually pretty basic: both units have the EXACT same features.
    Freefly is NOT going to limit the features on their product. The
    deciding factor: the final weight of your camera package. If it?s 5
    pounds or less: the M5 is for you ? and for many of you that will
    work fantastically well"

and this

"What I recommend you do is to go to a variety of manufacturers? sites
    and get the weight of the lens and camera combos you want to be using
    (they?ve put a chart below to help you.) The add anything else ? from
    filters, to remote video transmitters if you need them, to wireless
    follow focus systems if you want to get fancy. If your package comes
    to 5 pounds or less you?re good. You should be able to get a pretty
    solid HDSLR package on the M5."

so , me and you know these phrases are not true . Why ? because I can
    count at least 3 camera+lens+Filter+storage configurations which seems
    not supported by M5 . Why ? I really don't know .

The main camera which plays very important role in my work is BMCC
    .Can you please tell me why don't you support this camera for M5 even
    the total weight is below 5 pounds and there is no many differences
    between a DSLR WxHxD and BMCC dimension ?

I'm waiting for your answer because this question is very important for me .

Regards

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Hamed the M5 and M10 are likely going to be the same physical size, but final sizing hasn't been released. Difference will be the motors. Did you look at the chart that Vincent mentioned? BMC is only listed for the M10. Looking at the BM website for the BMCC and the published weight with adding a lens, filters, follow focus, etc its likely that the overall weight would exceed 5 lbs. If you currently shoot the BMCC how does your weight compare to the 5lb limit?

4. Hamed Aghaei

Hamed Aghaei New Member

Thanks Gary for reply ,
    The total weight is very EASILY below 5lb (2.3KG) .
    These are what I use :
    BlackMagic Design 2.5K MFT Mount , Weight : 1.5 Kg
    Lens : SLR Magic 12mm T1.6 , Weight : 370 gr
    Voigtlander 17mm F0.95 , Weight : 540gr
    S.S.D and Filters and etc : 200 gr
    (I don't need follow Focus)
    The total weight with SLR Magic: 2070 gr
    with Voigtlander : 2240 gr

Both configuration are below 2.3Kg .
    BTW , I guess you are wrong . first , you said M5 and M10 are likely going to be the same physical size and difference will be the motors . Do you think total price of 3 motors is near 10k$ (15000$-5000$) .
    Second , if you are right then what is this ? you can find the below text in this URL :
    http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2013/07/15/movi-m10-ships-in-30-days-m5-details-announced/

"Vincent Laforet Reply:
    July 15th, 2013 at 1:50 pm
    I have to have the Freefly guys weight in on both these questions because I haven’t held the M5 in my hands yet and don’t know of the size difference if any – I’m forwarding to them now.
    Here is there response:
    BMCC will not fit on m5
    C100 and 17-40 will not fit on m5
    Both are too big dimension wise unfortunately.
    "

5. Chris W.

Chris W. New Member

Yes, please clarify the situation. Will the cameras fit dimension wise or not?
    Thx

6. Hi Hamed...I just checked our support tickets and I see you submitted a ticket on the 15th of October and I see that we responded in less than 30 minutes. I also see follow up conversation occurred a couple of times that day. I am not sure where you are getting that we did not respond. If you submitted emails beyond that, please let me know (you can email me at support@freeflysystems or through a private conversation here on the forums) so that we can identify where the issue is (our apologies if we have missed something). I do see in the conversation that you had with one of our Support Engineers that you asked the questions similar to what you noted above and the Engineer responded letting you know that at this time he could not confirm the reason why the Black Magic Cinema Camera was not available for the M5 but that he would get back to you as we were closer to the launch date.

I apologize that there has been some conflicting information regarding the M5 from a couple of outside resources. Those posts were made early on and the design of the M5 has gone through some iteration as we learned from the launch of the M10 and we look forward to sharing more information as we have it. I would note that while we have a number of folks in the industry that we work with regarding our products (like Vincent Laforet) and we do our best to keep everyone updated at all times, in this day of social media, that can come with challenges so if you have questions about information you find outside of the Freefly Systems website, I would ask that you continue to contact support so that we can provide you with the most up to date information as we have it (and we will continue to work with outside resources to ensure they have up to date information). Our goal is not to keep everyone in suspense, it is to provide the most accurate information as we have it.

As soon as we have full camera dimension information (beyond what is located in the attached compatibility chart) we will definitely make it publicly available.

Cheers,
    Denise

Attached Files:

7. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

8. Hamed Aghaei

Hamed Aghaei New Member

Denise , Thanks for answer .
    I sent an email on Monday and Tuesday three times . After I got failure delivery message two times and I knew my email setting is correct and I could sent email to anyone but you , I tried one more time again . This is information of email which I sent :

to: support@freeflysystems.com
    date: Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    subject: A question about Movi
    mailed-by: gmail.com

I don't know why you didn't get my email but it's not important anymore . I know your team are responsible to customers and this is enough for me .'cause I'm your customer since 2011 and I saw your support.

BTW , Let me explain something to show you that I'm exactly in a situation which your goal is not to put customers in it : Suspension ;)

my main job is Aerial Photography and I have multiple gimbals which handle my needs . But when I know that in next three years none of my customers will need a camera beyond BlackMagic Design 2.5K/4K , why should I buy a M10 while the flight's risk with this mount is very higher that its little brother(/sister/) ? and also it costs 5 times more than my current camera ?
    I can buy M10 easily but when I can buy multiple M5 (with M10 price) which covers any failure in the flight and I can handle multiple projects simultaneously with our team , why should I buy M10 instead of M5 ?
    you know , I CAN'T WAIT because every day which I don't pre-order the mount (M5 or M10) , people who know exactly what they need , will be in front of me on pre-order list and this is not good and I CAN'T PRE-ORDER because I don't if M5 can covers my needs or not . I really need a guide to choose which one should I buy . unfortunately without any specification about M5 , I am suspended .

Regards
    Hamed

9. Hi Hamed...I can definitely see how your situation is frustrating. I have some information that may help and I will also reach out to you separately so we can work through the best options for you. But for the broader audience, as I understand many others want to know as well, the M5 body will be smaller than the M10 and camera compatibility with both the M10 and the M5 is not just about weight. Weight is a factor, but so is the center of gravity of your camera (with and without your lens), the dimensions of the camera, and the location of things like various input/output ports or jacks on the camera. The Black Magic Cinema Camera package weight you noted in the earlier post would fall under the 5lb payload limit (closely) but the dimensions of that camera are larger and they currently fit on the camera tray in between the vertical tubes of the M10 with minimal room for movement from side to side for balancing, so the M5 will "most likely" be too small for it to fit (or fit and have enough room for adjustment to balance). Additionally, the BMCC has ports on the side of the camera that would most likely be obstructed by the vertical tubes even if you could squeeze it in (and get it balanced). Since I don't have the exact dimensions of the M5 yet, there is still the minute possibility that it could work, but it doesn't seem likely. Again, I will reach out separately so we can discuss the best course of action for you.

10. Dustin Boeddeker

Dustin Boeddeker New Member

My cini 8 is lonely without a second half. What's the scoop guys!!

11. Gary Haynes

Staff Member