/dist/images/branding/favicon

Teradek Clip

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Drew Kachurak, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks, Michael. Any trade show where you pull booth duty is draining!

Andy.

2. Richard Dobson

Richard Dobson New Member

I guess a few days have turned into a few weeks. Could we get an update please?

3. Michael Gailing

Richard,

Our hardware was delayed so we're just waiting for the chassis shipment to come in. I was under the impression that would be today, though I do not have confirmation. I will post any info I get immediately.

Sorry about the wait!

4. Michael Gailing

Everyone,

Sorry about the delay with Clip. We've now built our first load of units and plan on shipping them by next week. In the meantime, we're finalizing parts of the software and fixing any outstanding issues that our beta testers have pointed out.

Hope to get these into your hands ASAP! If you want to be one of the first to own one of these, be sure to sign up on the pre-order list:

www.teradek.com/pages/clip

5. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

looking forward to this ....

6. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

Just placed an order for one. With a 30 day money back guarantee I figured it couldn't hurt to try it out. Hopefully it works as good or better than the paralinx.

7. Michael Gailing

Sweet!

Paralinx Arrow and Teradek Clip are totally different technologies so please be aware.

To get the most distance, you MUST use a router. We always recommend (as many of you know) Ubiquiti Networks, but even an Apple Airport Extreme should give you a 500ft radius...

8. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Michael, this is really exciting.
    What is the plan/schedule for using this with computers? And does the iOS app allow recording of the downlink'd video?

9. Tristan Twisselman

Thanks Michael. Which Ubiquiti product would you recommend. Id like to order everything I am gonna need ahead of time so I am ready when it gets here. The bullet M2 or M5? Titanium? Any other antennas or connectors I am gonna need to make this setup "rtf" Thanks

10. Michael Gailing

Steve,

I don't have an ETA yet since things are changing regularly. I would say streaming to decoders and our additional accessories wont be available until Q1 2014.

Recording on an iPad is something we're looking into, but we're not sure iPads can sustain recording while decoding at such low latency. Tests are pending.

11. Michael Gailing

Tristan,

The Ruckus 792 gets you about 500ft. I will have to get back to you on the Ubiquiti gear as I have not tested it myself. We usually use the Bullet with our Cubes, but since Clip does not have an Ethernet port I dont believe you can use it.

For good measure, shoot an email to Sales@teradek.com requesting suggested routers for Clip.

12. Tristan Twisselman

Thanks Michael. I just sent them an email.

13. Michael Gailing

Everyone,

I have some interesting news!

Clip supports streaming to Cube decoders right out the door using TDS, our proprietary streaming protocol. If you own a Cube decoder and a Clip, please let me know how this works out for you.

14. Tristan Twisselman

I received some info almost immediately after emailing teradek. Great customer service and response time already. I look forward to getting the clip and seeing how it performs paired with the RED.

15. Sam Fleishman

Sam Fleishman Member

What did they recommend as far as a router and any other necessary equipment to extend range?

16. Michael Gailing

Sam,

Not sure what the Sales guys recommended to Tristan, but I did put a request in for router testing so hopefully we'll have a "Teradek Engineer's" list of long range routers in a little bit. Will keep everyone posted.

17. Tristan Twisselman

I should have mentioned that in my above post. He said it really depends on budget. Here is what he said,"If you are price sensitive, the newest Apple airport extreme will give you an extra 200-300ft. If you are willing to spend on a enterprise level router that provides an extra 500ft, the Ruckus 7982 is a viable choice."

Hope this helps!

18. Sam Fleishman

Sam Fleishman Member

Thanks for the info. Does the ubiquiti bullet extend the range of a router? Do any of the ubiquiti routers have better range and price point?

19. Sam Fleishman

Sam Fleishman Member

T
    thanks! Looking forward to hearing the results.

20. Carl Carlert

Carl Carlert New Member

I have a Ubiquiti Rocketstation M5 ready for Teradek Clip. But im unsure how to power it on the field. I mean, it usually takes power over the ethernet. Has anybody any great ides?