/dist/images/branding/favicon

Ok so is it a secret?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Justin Marx, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Justin Marx

Justin Marx Active Member

Is it so hard for Freefly to post pictures and or videos of "standard" rigs? How do you guys do it? It's all over the behind the scenes that you post, but no clue what you do to make it work. I know everyone will have a different lens and wireless transmitter, that's fine, just please show us what you reccomend and have been doing/using on most of your shoots.

EPIC (most popular)
    WIRELESS MOTOR(S)/w rod
    WIRELESS VIDEO
    CABLES

5D/canon DSLR (most popular)
    WIRELESS MOTOR(S)/w rod
    WIRELESS VIDEO
    CABLES

C300
    WIRELESS MOTOR(S)/w rod
    WIRELESS VIDEO
    CABLES

People on the forum just say " go search the forum, you'll find it, its there"

Sorry to be blunt. But I don't get it. It's aggravating.

PS I love this fucking thing. :)

-- Justin

2. Kevin Winkler

Kevin Winkler New Member

Here is our rig, we are still waiting on the follow focus which will attach with this Redrock Micro MICROSHOECLAMP.
    We have also added a lockport since the video.
    You should be able to see what all we are using in the video, ask any questions you like.

[​IMG]

3. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Justin, its not a secret. Here is a somewhat detailed from my memory example of one Epic setup. Every single setup I did was different when I was out shooting with the prototype MoVIs. I think people say go search the forum because this question pops up everyday and its really up to the user. The main thing is use the least amount of cables from camera platform to handles area.

Epic with side handle top mounted.
    plate and rods attached to the bottom.
    Ultra primes 20mm through 100mm.
    Hayden motor on one rod.
    Bartech receiver mounted to the bottom of the plate behind where the rails end.
    Bartech powered by a lipo with custom cable mounted on the rods up against the Epic under lens.
    HDMI out to on board monitor on handles.
    Monitor HDMI passthrough to Paralinx.
    Monitor and Paralinx powered by lipo via custom cable.

4. Carey Lee Coffey

Here's the formula for building the perfect rig:

1. Build your rig around your MōVI, not the other way around.

2. Be patient and wait for your MōVI.

3. Get your MōVI in your hands before you buy anything else (unless you need to order an item that is backordered).

4. Once you have your MōVI, buy everything you need to complete your rig.

5. Justin Marx

Kevin that's awesome! Thank you so much for that! Looks great.. No issues with the HDMI getting in the way?

Brad- this is exactly what I'm asking for- thank you! ways you guys did things. I don't see the need to do trial and error when you have done it already. It at least gives us a starting point to branch out from.. Why reinvent the wheel if we don't have to.

Could you post some pictures and details of some of the MōVI setups you have done in as much detail as your previous post?

Carey, so basically your saying that if there was a setup that could get you in the ballpark to be shooting with your MōVI when you get it, that you would just wait? Hmm, you must have a lot of time and patience.. Thanks for the helpful post though ;-)

6. Justin Marx

Brad, Kevin's video is a prime example of how to shut people like me up and will help people.

Post a few different videos showing a nice baseline of- camera/motor/power/cable and spin it around like he does. It would help a lot of people and would stop the 30 posts saying "I have and Epic, what now" "I have a 5D, what now"

Like I said, not trying to be a dick, just trying to concentrate on shooting with the rig at her then powering things..

7. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Justin, if you send me an Epic and all the gear I would be glad to.. Dont forget us moderators are just volunteers on the forum. I happened to be in a position to go out on some prototype MoVI shoots around the world since April.. but I'm in Atlanta.. Freefly gear in Seattle.. PM me and ill give you my address to send that Epic! :)

8. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

9. Justin Marx

I had no idea you were a voulenteer, thanks for your help with your post. I'm slowly figuring things out..

I've tried so hard to look at every picture. But most are too far or not detailed enough.

Its ok, I'll figure it out.. Just thought it would be nice if freefly could post some of their finds.

Have a great weekend.

10. Carey Lee Coffey

Just trying to save you from buying the wrong thing and then having to buy again. :)

11. Jonathan Stevenson