/dist/images/branding/favicon

New firmware 2.0e w GPS changes (10-10-2013)

Discussion in 'Cinestar 6' started by Gary McCready, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

For those that were having problems with GPS PH on their birds? I think I'll still wait a bit, I just reverted to .90l and re-calibrated ACC and compass

"5. GPS
    Parts of the old GPS routines were re-activated so that the behavior in PH is similar to the old version. Some users felt that the behavior was slightly better at 0.90."
    http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-44207.html

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

"E". This is getting weird. Holger just posted a video with 'D' a couple of days ago.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

2.00z by Christmas or bust!

Andy.

4. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

D was never released. He went straight from A to E.

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Forget Z. 9998769.0 by New Years ;)

6. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Flight control v2.5 ME coming across the pond as we speak. The new features list looks nice.

Greetings,
    Adam

7. Dave King

Hmm... I don't see it any where on the Mikrokopter website. Do you have a link or can you give more info?

8. Gary McCready

lol You guys gave me a big chuckle! Z by Christmas....

9. kjetil tønnesen

i think the mk have to follow the time,i think the system is too open ,if you look at synaps,dji,hoverfly and so on
    i think if not the mk is doing something like plug and play i think mk is going to lose people,
    i fly mk myself and are super happy with it,but i am missing something more robust and strong?

Colin Snow likes this.
  10. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

2.0f is also released.

11. Gary McCready

"f" already? lol Well I still think I'm going to wait a few weeks. After reloading .90l my PH is much better.

12. Dave King

Yeah all these releases are a bit too much for me right now. I'm trying to finish up a few projects before the weather breaks and I really can't afford to experiment with something that "might" work. 90J is as solid as they come for me I just want the extra safety feature with the dual stick to shut off the motors.

13. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

Adam

Can you elaborate on the new features or you under NDA until a formal release.

And I just bought a WKM,Too many changes, too fast for me. Concentrating on installing my Chinese friend on my new frame and waiting for certain motor mounts to arrive ;)

14. Dave King

Shaun

I don't know how much an upgraded flight control board by itself can improve what many of us are looking to Synapse for. The MK GPS is a consumer grade GPS system. The current MK BL can't really handle 6S batteries or higher current draws of a heavy lifter. Hopefully the new flight control board will support 6s batteries but without an upgraded BL I wouldn't be too confident flying it. The current FCB already has rock solid altitude hold and I don't know of anyone that's using the automated features so more of those would be a waste. Not sure how much an upgraded FCB by itself can improve the current system.

15. Shaun Stanton

Here is what they could do in theory.

A more industrial grade component with a faster processor with 16bit registers instead of 8bit and more RAM. Have a higher capacity Voltage Regulator to handle 6S without having to do a bunch of hoobajoob by taking components off with a soldering iron and replacing them. Rumor mill is that they are developing 6S stable ESC's. My big request for them is to have them packaged in plastic boxes, and industrial plugs so they dont look like someone's high-school robotics project. I have never been a fan of the exposed PCB's.= or teh fact that you have to solder everything yourself. Not that, I don't know how to solder, I would rather not if I don't have to.

No argument there. I figure I like to ask these things in order to stay up to date. As PARCAP safety officer I try to keep current on all the major systems out there.

I am also looking into the new FF system as well. At the moment its a unicorn so to speak. In the meantime I am building a second rig with the DJI WKM system using FF ESC and PDB set. I am not a fan of DJI its the most used system that is setup for external ESC's and 6S batteries. I do like the industrial plugs that they use though. I will glad when the hobby grade crap in general goes away for professional work.

16. Dave King

Please stop. Your not allowed to make reasonable requests.

Shaun Stanton likes this.
  17. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

MK FC v2.5 notables include: new pressure sensor; ACC factory integrated; 25v/6S native-ready; LEDs integrated on FC through switching outputs.
    We are awaiting the Tool/software then I'll be back with further information.

Greetings,
    Adam

Shaun Stanton and Steve Maller like this.
  18. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Th
    Sounds tasty.

19. Shaun Stanton

Adam thanks.

20. Dave King

Well if they are building the new flight control board for 6S that most likely means 6S capable BL's which sounds very nice. Which will come first the MK electronics or Synapse? :cool: