/dist/images/branding/favicon

Upgrading 3-Axis to carry a RED Scarlet

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Tuukka Ylonen, May 1, 2013.

1. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Found a Freefly HDMI converter from Finland and it works perfectly. What puzzles me is WHY Kopterworx wants to harm its good reputation by claiming something that is not true and what will come across them sooner or later.

I will contact Kopterworx again. Hope they answer this time. What they have done in the demo video is false advertising in my opinion. Just plain stoopid.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

I sent a message to three email address that I see. Nothing yet. The beauty of the KW is that it doesn't need external power.

3. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Gary did you try yours with RED? If yes, what´s the result?

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't have access to a RED. Will try it next weekend if I meet up with Jon.

5. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Did first flight with RED today. Despite balancing the gimbal as well as humanly possible, there was quite a bit of jittering. Especially tilt jitter. It is already a bot cold in Finland so I had red O-rings in four dampeners and blue in the other four. Maybe my setup was too flexible?

I have all the O-rings, red, blue and black. What is recommended with RED? Black O-rings in all eight dampeners or maybe four in blue and four in black? Proven solutions appreciated here. Thanks.

6. Glenn Dreher

Glenn Dreher New Member

Hi Tuukka,

I'm curious what controller or controllers you are using for your gimbal? I've read a few folks are ahving trouble with Alex M controller setup and I was considering using three Radians to do the job. Any advice?

7. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

At present i have the normal Freefly servo setup, so I am using three Radians for stabilization. I am about to replace the servos with brushless motors when I receive them and I am going to use Alexmos stabilization with brushless motors.

Alexmos does not work with servo based system and Radian does not work with brushless motors.

8. Glenn Dreher

Glenn Dreher New Member

Thanks for your reply Tuukka.
    Great information. Thanks for clarifying the application of the Alex moss versus the Radian, that's something I was not aware of.