/dist/images/branding/favicon

Freefly MōVI Accesories

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Tabb Firchau, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Quick list of Accessories we have to help you outfit your MōVI. I will add to this list as new things release and would love to hear from the community as to what would be helpful.

Tabb

USB Mini B (male) to Mini B (male) cable Micro_USB_Cable.jpg
    Ultra lightweight and flexible USB mini B male to USB mini B male cable. This custom cable allows you to power your Paralinx or Teradek transmitter straight off the Mini USB port found on the smallHD DP4 field monitor. Using this cable allows you to use 2 Canon LP-E6 Batteries to power both the smallHD DP4 and wireless transmitter.

Specs:
      • Length: 23.5cm | 9.25”
      • Weight: 10g
      • Connector A: USB Mini B Male
      • Connector B: USB Mini B Male
      • Cable Diameter: 3.0mm
    Right Angle Mini (Type C) HDMI to Full Size (Type A) HDMI HDMI_Cable.jpg
    Lightweight and flexible HDMI cable intended for use with DSLR cameras on the MōVI. This cable has a mini right angle hdmi connector that exits out the back of most DSLR cameras. This cable allows for low profile connection when used with DSLR’s

Specs:
      • Length: 45cm | 17.5”
      • Weight 22g
      • Connector A: Right Angle Mini HDMI (Type C)
      • Connector B: HDMI (Type A)
      • Cable Diameter: 3.85mm
    Freefly MōVI Battery
    Freefly MōVI battery is a high energy density lithium polymer battery pack sized for the MōVI M10. Each battery will run the MōVI for 2-5 hours depending on particular setup. The battery can be charged using the provided Freefly charger. As the battery is built to be as lightweight as possible, it does not have built in safety circuitry and users must be careful to observe correct handling procedures.

Specs:
      • Battery Type: Lithium Polymer
      • Capacity: 2.6Ah
      • Voltage: 14.8v
      • Max Continuous Discharge: 3C (7.8A)
      • Max Burst Discharge: 5C (13A)
      • Max Charge Voltage: 4.2V per cell
      • Minimum Discharge Voltage: 3.0V per cell
      • Dimensions: [100mm (L) x 25mm (W) x 30mm (H)]
      • Weight: 200g
    Sanho HyperThin 2.6' (0.8m) HDMI Cable, Black HyperThin_HDMI_Cable.jpg
    Specs:
      • Meets the highest standards (Full HD 1080p+, 8K resolution, HDMI ver 1.4, 7.1 channel digital surround audio, >15.8Gps HD bandwidth, 240Hz video image refresh, 48-bit color)
      • 75% thinner than other HDMI cables and 35% thinner than Sanho's nearest competitor (Monster SuperThin)
      • 4 times more flexible than other HDMI cables
      • A single cable for stunning high definition digital video and multi-channel digital audio
      • 24K gold contacts for signal integrity
    Freefly Battery to 2 Pin Lemo jst-lemo.jpg
    Ultra Lightweight and flexible silicone cable to adapt a Freefly Aux battery pack to a 2 pin lemo connector. Useful for powering a variety of accessories like follow focus, wireless, etc. This cable will pass full unregulated voltage to whatever device it is plugged into. Please make sure the Freefly Aux battery will not exceed your device’s operating voltage (Max Freefly Aux Pack voltage is 16.8 volts. When using the Freefly Aux battery pack to power accessories we advise users to use this cell alarm to ensure the battery is not discharged below 3v/cell which can damage the battery. The Freefly batteries do not have over discharge protection built in and it is the users responsibility to ensure the batteries stay above 3V per cell.
    Specs:
      • Genuine Lemo Connector on one end
      • JST RCY Connector on other end(mating connector for Freefly Battery)
      • 20AWG high strand count silicon wire for maximum flexibility
      • Nylon braid sheath for durability
      • IMPORTANT NOTE - Teradek Bolt uses a reversed polarity 2 pin lemo do not plug this cable into a Teradek Bolt system
    Freefly Battery to D-tap connector jst-dTAP.jpg
    Ultra lightweight and flexible silicone cable to adapt a Freefly Aux battery pack to a female d-tap connector. Useful for powering any accessories that utilize a D-tap connector. This cable will pass full unregulated voltage to whatever device it is plugged into. Please make sure that the Freefly Aux battery will not exceed your device’s operating voltage (Maximum Freefly Aux pack voltage is 16.8 volts. When using the Freefly Aux battery pack to power accessories we advise users to use this cell alarm to ensure the battery is not discharged below 3v/cell which can damage the battery. The Freefly batteries do not have over discharge protection built in and it is the users responsibility to ensure the batteries stay above 3V per cell.
    Specs:

• D-tap connector on one end of cable
      • JST RCY Connector on other end(mating connector for Freefly Battery)
      • 20AWG high strand count silicon wire for maximum flexibility
      • Nylon braid sheath for durability
      • Wire length 165mm

Paul Beseler and Mike Sutton like this.
  2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Just a reiteration. When you use a LiPo battery directly there is nothing to stop it from supplying power until the discharge actually damages the battery. A battery like the AntonBauer where it has an indicator system usually also includes a low voltage cutoff to prevent this type of damage. Maybe someone with a RED can confirm that the RED also as part of the camera also has a low voltage cutoff.

3. Christopher Barrett

The cameras will shut off at certain voltage, but it's down around 11 or 10 volts if I recall correctly. The LiPo's need to stay at 12 or above, right?

4. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

3 volts per cell minimum. Depends on how many cells are in the battery. Fully charged a LiPo cell is 4.2 volts. Many of us that fly the Freefly Cinestars have battery warnings set at 3.4 - 3.6 volts per cell while under load. Helps extend the battery life and number of recharges that it will take.

The small LiPo alarms are pretty inexpensive and can be attached at anytime for you to check voltage. They show volts per cell and total.

5. Lee Dashiell

Lee Dashiell New Member

I would like to order another Movi camera plate, is that available?

6. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

Hi Tabb,

I'd love to be able to get a set of emergency replacement hardware (Screws, washers, etc.). A list of those things would be awesome. Maybe setup as an "Oh S*$% Kit" for field repair. I'd love to get a spare camera plate or two.

I did locate the camera plate screw with www.mcmaster.com so I ordered 20 of those as I'm sure they will go missing from time to time.
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#90585a537/=org359 If anyone needs one. (Link updated to correct screw)

Thanks!

Mike

7. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Mike - OK I will work on an emergency kit. I travel with one so it should be easy to replicate ;)

Lee - I will check into getting those added to the store.

Tabb

Mike Duval likes this.
  8. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

Wonderful. Let me know I can buy or replicate one when you get a chance to set it up.

Mike

9. Jeff Cook

Jeff Cook Member

Count me in for the "OS!" Kit. I always try to keep two of everything when on location.

Sometimes a 15cent screw can be worth a Million bucks!

10. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

MSRP: $999,999.99

Great markup!

11. Simeon Quarrie

Simeon Quarrie New Member

Thanks for posting this list. Your team sent this list in response to my support email. But your application makes it all very clear. The OS kit, is going to be a must have. Especially for those of us not in the US.

12. Joao Penaguiao

Joao Penaguiao New Member

How to buy those accessories?

13. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

Hi, you will get the shop link together with the announcment (mail) of delivery/final payment of your mōvi.

I read it in some thread, but can't find it right now.

Cheers, Wolf

14. Lee Dashiell

Lee Dashiell New Member

How about the "Emergency Kit"?

15. Mike Sutton

Mike Sutton Member

Looking forward to the store opening. Just had a case made up from Cinema Oxide which I hope to pack an extras kit in.

16. Jamie McIntyre

Jamie McIntyre New Member

Regarding the Aux lipo battery...

Where will this mount?

17. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Jamie there are a growing number of photos and posts about battery mounting. Really depends on your accessory setup.

18. Mark MacEwen

Mark MacEwen Member

I wondered how people are mounting the rigs for rope work etc, are there any recommendations or possible brackets that freefly are using or selling for this sort of application, for attaching to the top bar ?

19. Nils Ruinet

Nils Ruinet Member

- Battery chargers ? (or does each battery come with a charger ?)
    - I'm in for the "emergency kit" too ;)
    - Additional mounting brackets for accessories
    - flexible Epic touch LCD cable, if you manage to make one
    - Recommended battery low voltage alarms
    - As Mark just said, mounting brackets for attaching the Mōvi to ropes, and also to a crane for example, both underslung or overslung, or even on a tripod
    - Transmitter tray and monitor bracket (for Small HD for example), and neck straps
    - a bracket to put the Mōvi support tray on a C-stand

For the accessories that already exist and that you don't want to sell through your store, maybe you could make a list of offcially recommended accessories and where to get them ?

Erich Roland likes this.
  20. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Nils

One battery charger in the kit.
    Low voltage device is included. If you want one with an alarm Amazon has them. Search lipo alarm. They are very loud and quite frankly the battery life is so good really no need for an alarm.
    Transmitter tray and attachments. www.secraft.net. Available in the US from www.espritmodel.com