/dist/images/branding/favicon

The M5 is coming....and other updates.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Denise Fitzgerald, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Hi Everyone...I just wanted to get a quick note out. I know that Q4 is just a weekend away and everyone is anxiously awaiting information about when the M5 will ship. Right now we are targeting shipments to begin in December. We will have an exact date as well as some updated spec information on the 15th of October. In the meantime, here is a glimpse at what else we are up to:
    • A huge thank you to everyone who came out to see us at IBC, Cinegear, and DV Expo this month!
    • Tutorials list – The tutorials are out and the list is growing, check back here often!
    • MoVI Owners Training - We are holding our first monthly MoVI Owners training on 14 October. The first class will be an "intimate gathering" of about 10 people. The first half of the day will be spent getting to know the MoVI, after lunch we will go out and spend the afternoon shooting with some hands on instruction. A future class schedule will be published soon. This class will be free of charge for MoVI owners.
    • MoVI Operator Certification - This will be a 2 day deep-dive into the mechanics of the MoVI. It will cover advanced shooting practices and truly getting the most out of the MoVI. We are currently putting together a class schedule, and are targeting a once a quarter program. There will be a charge for this certification. More info (including a basic course outline) will be published soon.
    • Support Portal and New Website - The Freefly Systems website is being redone...new features for the site will include a Support Portal with a knowledge-base and web-form to submit your questions directly (in addition to the forums).
    • It's Your Move! - With shipping in full swing, the number of units out in the field is growing daily. We want to see what you can do! We will be creating a contest (with some well-worth-your-time prizes) for great footage shot with the MoVI. Look for contest details on the website soon. In the meantime, here are some of our favorite clips. We look forward to seeing what you do next!

Red Bull Dreamline behind the scenes

MoVI has entered the Building by Stillmotion

Macklemore music video behind the scenes

Devin Card likes this.
  2. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

This is great news! What does it take to get an invite to the training on the 14th?

3. Hey Austin...That was a small beta group that we are using so it is closed but we will be posting the schedule for upcoming trainings shortly after this one. The plan is to conduct at least one a month.

4. Carey Lee Coffey

I'm in for the MōVI training and certification.

5. Thanks Carey...I have you on the list for future training/certification dates.