/dist/images/branding/favicon

Three flashing lights init. Failed. Help.

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Brett Harrison, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Casey McBeath

Casey McBeath Member

Sorry guys! Had to get to the set. I just went through the whole gimbal pushing in every connector with the two tools (pushing each on each side). The one I feel was loose was the pan motor. Rough handling at the airport maybe?

We were up to 2am getting our system set up the night before so the malfunction was scary to say the least.

2. Hey Gary...I think Jeff and Brad (and me for that matter) are looking for what the issue was with Casey's unit. My earlier response was in regards to Greg's issue which is different than Casey's.

So Casey...when you have a chance, inquiring minds would love to know what happened.

3. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

See Casey's answer above. Ha

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Yep two questions in the same thread. Both have been answered.

5. Lliam Worthington

So again, this was just about connectors being seated properly... Good to know.
    Congrats Brett. Have a blast with your unit mate!

6. Casey McBeath

Casey McBeath Member

The real issue is that nothing will look unseated most times. I can't say that I could see anything get deeper seated.

7. Lliam Worthington

Right. Again, good to know, cheers.

8. David Sato

David Sato New Member

Hello All,

I am a using the freefly movie m10 for the first time and keep getting the "three blinking lights" that Brett wrote about initially on this post. I've followed all the suggested fixes mentioned in this thread but the movi is still a no go. Any advice as to what I might have missed would be greatly appreciated. I've charged a fresh battery and attached it, tried to press in every imaginable connector on this unit rebooted a couple dozen times via the GUI (on a mac).

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

David: Can you verify that the M10 is not swinging in the cradle when you first power it on? If it's swinging it sometimes seems to cause a three-led-flash.

Andy.

10. David Sato

David Sato New Member

Hi Andy,

I did so, I FINALLY got it up and running. What I ended up doing was taking off all the port protection plates, unplugged all of the connectors and used some canned air to spray the port (habit from my AC days). Since it is pretty tightly secured with the zip ties, I just cut of all the zip ties, replugged all the connectors and rebooted the GUI. Works now, in the process of reattaching the cables to the unit via velco ties just so it is easier for me to troubleshoot on location tomorrow (Hopefully not). Excited to play with this thing! Thank you for the quick response!

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi David:
    So you reckon it was more likely a connector issue than motion at power up?
    Anyway, glad you're up and running.
    Andy.

12. dan watkins

dan watkins New Member

Hey - I am on a big commercial shoot where the Movi rigged with Epic and all the normal surrounds has been under heavy rain for the shoot - we bagged everything and covered it well but when taking off the covers there were a few drops around the main electronics on the back. The unit has gone through a couple of different stages, firstly it would power up then after 5 seconds or so it would start to twitch and then all three lights would start flashing. Now when powering on it twitches, the tilt starts to slowly tilt down in a jumping manner then the three lights start flashing and the middle one goes out with the two outside ones continuing to flash. I have checked over the whole rig three times to make sure all cables are securely plugged in etc with no difference, re starting, re setting etc etc. Could this be something to do with water damage possibly? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Think I'm done for the day - the call for a steady cam as replacement has come in as we are the only ones in New Zealand with a Movi up and running so far :p

Dan

13. Hi Guys,
    Is there any way you could connect to the 'Config App' via bluetooth to get some readings before it acts up again? I would need to know what lights are green on the left side 'MOTOR', 'COMPASS', 'IMU' , etc.

Chris
    MoVI tech support

14. A screenshot or image would be even better.

Thanks,
    Chris

15. dan watkins

dan watkins New Member

Thanks for the quick response, the Compass and GPS is good, everything else comes up as ERROR...

16. dan watkins

dan watkins New Member

screenshot

Attached Files:

17. I will have to confirm this with one of our other engineers, but the lights blinking that way point to it being an issue with the Motor Control Box. You could try keeping the MoVI in a dry location overnight, even hitting it with a hair dryer for a short time. Do this carefully, NOT on high heat, but just enough to create enough ambient heat to dry the Motor Control Box & Gimbal Control Unit out as much as possible without melting or getting any of the cables too hot.See attached file. Please do not take anything apart or open any of the control units. Doing so will void your warranty. Please let me know if this helps or if you have any questions. You may need to send it back for repair if this does not help.

Thanks,
    Chris

Attached Files:

18. dan watkins

dan watkins New Member

Awesome thanks for the advice....

19. Joseph Jang

Joseph Jang New Member

has the wiring diagram that the manual refers to ever been found as of yet? it would be nice to have.

20. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Jon, I think you've done your due diligence, but I think it's time to email support@freeflysystems.com.

They can get you taken care of!