/dist/images/branding/favicon

Using V-lock Batteries on M10 with EPIC

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Tabb Firchau, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Carey Lee Coffey

Jonathan, I'm jealous of your Avatar. Mine is so 2012. :(

2. Jonathan Stevenson

Haha! At least you look like a badass in yours. Mine could use a little more chest hair.

3. Carey Lee Coffey

LOL! I'm sorry but there's nothing more badass than what you're holding in your hands.

4. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

5. Carey Lee Coffey

I'm sold Tabb, excellent job! It would be great if you could offer a bundle for a discounted price that would include: the mounting bracket, cable, IFC plate, 2 batteries and a dual charger.

Kyler Zee and Lliam Worthington like this.
  6. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Hi Carey, sounds good. I am working on adding IDX products to our offerings right now.

Thanks

Tabb

7. Carey Lee Coffey

Okay, I'll hold off on buying vmounts then and just buy from Freefly. Thanks!

8. Jeff Cook

Jeff Cook Member

Any thought given to a Anton-Bauer version?

9. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

HI Jeff, I had not thought about it but can certainly look into it. Is there an Anton-Bauer battery that is low profile enough?

Thanks!

Tabb

10. Jeff Cook

Jeff Cook Member

Anton Bauer Dionic batteries are pretty low-profile, and most aftermatket battery manufacturers make a version of both types of mounts on all sizes.

11. Jeff Cook

Jeff Cook Member

I just did a quick check and found a battery, (off brand), of the same watt hours with a Anton Bauer mount and it's roughly the same weight, width and hight but almost a inch thicker, (2.2 in. vs 1.3 in.). The Anton Bauer plate may also be a bit thicker than the V-Mount.

Is there enough room to make it work?

12. Wes Greene

Wes Greene New Member

13. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Just to report we ended up getting about 1 hour 15 minute shooting time with this configuration

Tabb

14. Jeff Cook

Jeff Cook Member

Was that just the camera or were you running follow focus, (and anything else), from the P-Tap?

15. Carey Lee Coffey

16. Casey McBeath

Casey McBeath Member

We're spending the day in the shop trying to get Epics on the approved list. We were hoping to use a CF side brace like Tabb showed in the video to attach a AB Gold Mount to for use with the HC Dionics. Going to try balancing with a side handle and RED Volts, but my feeling is that it's not dense enough v. its size.

17. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

am I crazy or does it just seem easier to mount a AB battery plate to the roll bars then do a super thin power cable like the one that the movi uses to power the camera? It seems like if you are mindful of how the cabling goes you can place it in a way that wont bind up the gimbal. Then couldn't you use the two ptaps on the battery plate to power your wireless video and onboard monitor? This would mean all you would need to still power would be the follow focus. I see that there is another plug on the sled of the movi below the camera, perhaps this could power a small single channel bartec or follow focus unit off a movi lipo.

If this wouldnt work what about putting the battery below the camera under the sled?

Seems to me taking as much weight off the gimbal and being mindful of cable width rigidity as well as placement and the whole system could run on two batteries

Kyler Zee likes this.
  18. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

can i add this option to my order?

19. Lliam Worthington

Looks terrific Tabb!

As Eric mentioned, would you consider a longer cabled version as well that would also give versatility for those wishing to use their existing 160 Vmounts and or go to the handle bars?

Also wondering if there's any progress on the LCD cable for RED you mentioned? The first custom one I had made was a failure. Be a great help if you could advise before I pursue one of the other quotes and mayhap waste more $

Many Thanks

Lliam

20. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if there were any new updates on this epic side battery mount? Are you guys planning on selling it with a complete battery plate in v-lock or gold mount? Or can one just purchase the carbon fiber mount and put their own plate on it?