/dist/images/branding/favicon

Daily/Weekly rate

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by J Griffin Ricker, Sep 18, 2013.

1. J Griffin Ricker

Just curious; what has everyone decided is a fair rental rate?

2. Scott Stemm

Scott Stemm Member

3. J Griffin Ricker

Thank Scott. I was aware of that thread but wasn't really interested in the discussion, just the result. I'm also not sure why it should be a private conversation...

4. Scott Stemm

Scott Stemm Member

It's private because these threads are able to be googled and they wanted the discussion more private to discuss pricing for different type of circumstances. I think of it as a closed door meeting. Some people are more comfortable when not in the full world wide public eyes

5. Carey Lee Coffey

I'm cool with it being private.

6. J Griffin Ricker

It's not like you're going to keep the information a secret. I could understand a page that was only visible after you logged in to keep it Google-free but even then it's only going to be a temporary inconvenience. Having a secret, exclusionary room where owners 'secretly' discuss pricing sounds a lot like tacit collusion. I'm passively interested in hearing what you guys came up with logically but I'm certainly not joining a secret forum to do it...

7. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

There's a difference between secret and private. Conversations had in that private thread are/where not "secretive."

8. J Griffin Ricker

Okay, if it's not secretive why not just answer the question?

That said, because there is no open discussion, regardless of what you guys come up with the only thing anyone has to go on is your first posts in that other thread. I had a producer ask me some questions today and he assumed the rate was $500 for the rig or $1300 with 2 operators. I asked where he got that and he said 'the forum'. The numbers seem to have been set unintentionally regardless of your current discussion - and that's why I started this thread. You should either post your collective decision based on reason so renters can use it as a guide - or delete the figures in your original post.

9. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Agreed. Regardless those figures should probably be deleted anyway. The reason that discussion went private was because the logic that went into those figures wasn't fully thought out.

Maybe the reason you're having difficulty getting any of us to post solid figures here is because a) the idea of such a figure existing sounds too much like price fixing, and b) because we all landed in slightly different spots on this.

10. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

The thread Scott mentioned is a public thread. There is a conversation in the 'conversation' section on the same topic. Only difference is that the Conversation area doesn't get scanned by Google. But anyone who asks is added to the conversation. Currently it has 45 participants.

11. Justin Marx

Justin Marx Active Member

Gary, how can I access the conversation? Thanks :)