/dist/images/branding/favicon

Continued from conversation regarding video transmitter for Movi M10

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Leopoldo Tamargo, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Leopoldo Tamargo

I like your approach with the powering of both the monitor and receiver from one power source. Very Logical and smart.

I had thought that the Bolt Pro had HDMI as well as HD-SDI inputs. After speaking with Teradek, I understand that they do have these inputs but they have them on two different Bolt Pro models. Not one unit that has both inputs. They are by the way planning on releasing a receiver that will catch both signals from the HDMI Bolt Pro or the HD-SDI Bolt Pro.

So if thats the case, and I have to decide on which input I would use the most it seems that the way to go might be the Bolt Pro with a HDMI input and power it through the monitor. That way if I have a DSLR or a Red Epic, I can send the image via HDMI. Not the preferred way when compared to HD-SD,I but it would work.

Then I guess I have to figure out what to do about when I really need or desire to use HD-SDI. Does that mean I need another transmitter that takes a HD-SDI? Is there a small transmitter now or soon to market that does both?

I'm trying to have everything ready I would need when I finally get my Movi M10/MR.

Any advice anyone has toward this end would be very welcomed.

2. Michael Gailing

Hey Leopoldo,

The Bolt can mix and match HDMI and HD-SDI so you can pretty much make any setup that you like (i.e. SDI TX + HDMI RX or vice versa -- this also applies to the multicast units). You can also use converters if need be.

If you go with SDI TX and SDI RX, you'll get timecode/fan control over the wireless link (this firmware is readily available, but still technically in beta). Not sure if thats important to you or not.

From my understanding, we aren't planning on releasing a new receiver any time soon. Then again, im not always told whats coming down the line! ;)

3. Christopher Barrett

Hey Michael, would I be able to get an HDMI TX and have that paired with my current RXs? And still have my SDI TX paired with them?

4. Michael Gailing

Hey Chris,

Unfortunately, I can't go into too much detail just yet. I will have an answer for you tomorrow. Ill be off and on the forum since im at IBC, but ill do my best to answer as many questions as possible.

The Cube TX/RX arent really paired in a permanent sense so you can mix and match the TX and RX with other Cubes if you'd like.

5. Christopher Barrett

Sorry, this is for the Bolt... I have the SDI kit, 1 TX/2RX

6. Michael Gailing

Ah ha! OK, well, Clip is an encoder so it uses H.264 compression and WiFi, not OFDM RF which is what Bolt uses. This means you cannot use a Clip with a Bolt RX period.

As for pairing, we will be releasing a pairing application very soon. This will give you the ability to change which transmitters go to each receiver.

7. Leopoldo Tamargo

Hello Michael
    So are you saying that Teradek makes single transmitter that accepts both a HD-SDI connection and a HDMI connection?
    The "Mix and Match" description confused me as it may have meant that there was an HD-SDI transmitter and there was an HDMI transmitter, that both may work with a single receiver.
    I'm just looking for clarification.
    Thank you

Leo

8. Michael Gailing

Leo,

There are HDMI models and 3G-SDI models -- there are no units with both. Sorry for the confusion. All I meant is that you can have an SDI transmitter and an HDMI receiver or vice versa. You do not need to match the inputs and outputs.

9. Leopoldo Tamargo

Thank you
    I have a better understanding of it now. Great gear.

Leo