/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Shipping Update

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Phil Macdonald, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Jonathan Stevenson

Strange timing Denise... I just got my email!! WOOHOO!!! CAN'T WAIT!

(order #1064 for those curious)

2. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

I received MoVI yesterday. I'm living in Japan and my order number is 1024

3. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Bother. I guess Im waiting a bit then. Anyone have any idea what the shipping rate is ie how many units are being sent out per week or batch? Are we still on track to have all pre orders complete by Oct 15 or three abouts?

Lliam Worthington likes this.
  4. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

We just got our final payment & shipping prep email today. Very excited!

5. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

mine is #1263, looks like long wait for me.

6. Hi Charles...The order numbers do help determine your place in line but since we have more than one ordering system there is not a 1 to 1 correlation (of order # and place in line). If you drop us a note at support@freeflysystems.com, we can help you with more specific information about your account/order.

7. Chad Lancaster

Chad Lancaster New Member

What would be the estimated delivery date if we say put in an order today?

thanks

Kevin Descheemaeker likes this.
  8. Kevin Descheemaeker

Hi I'm starting a new project in the first week of October and I'm planning to buy a Freefly MoVi system that can work with my Epic. But I like to know what the estimated delivery time will be If I order it this week. I can't afford to sell it to my producer and then I have to tell him that I'm still waiting on my gear when the production all ready started.

Many thanks!

Kevin

9. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Kevin, I think that ordering now and receiving a MOVI in 2 weeks is not going to happen. Many of us have had preorders for months and still don't have our "two-week email" that Freefly sends us when ours is nearly ready to ship.

10. Kevin Descheemaeker

Austin, thanks for the quick reply to my question. Have you any idea how long it would take? How many are there delivered yet? Why is it always so hard to get good equipment directly ... they always make good publicity but when you want to order you have to wait like years to get it ... Just like the RED back order issues!

11. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Quite frankly, I think I'm able to be patient. I am certainly ready to take delivery myself, but I understand having to wait. I think the reason Freefly is releasing information in a limited fashion is smart. RED, as much as I love them, had issues with over-promising on delivery dates. It's hard enough creating a solid, reliable piece of gear, but to take it a step further and make several hundred or thousand of them at once can't be easy. Besides, I'm sure than production rates are exponential to a certain point.

We will see what happens, but hang in there! The take away is that if you must have it for your production in October, maybe renting is the way to go! :(

EDIT: Mindless and irresponsible speculation has been removed! Please don't hate me! :oops:

12. Hi Kevin and Chad - Thank you for your interest in the MoVI! We are currently working through all pre-orders placed prior to our 15 August launch date (we will begin shipping post launch orders immediately following). All of our units are built by hand and tested here in our Washington State facility to ensure we deliver the level of quality we are proud of. As we work through the pre-orders, we should have a a more specific estimate for post launch orders. We recognize that folks are anxious to receive their units and to plan jobs around them and we are working as fast as humanly possible to get these units into your hands.

Kevin Descheemaeker likes this.
  13. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Kevin, Freefly reckoned it would take two months to clear the pre-orders ie by about 15th Oct. Weather or not that date is still on track I don't know and also I don't know how many orders have gone in since the 15th Aug. Things are happening though and it all appears to be happening according to plan more or less. Given that no plan survives contact with the enemy to coin a military phrase, Freefly seem to be doing an excellent job with delivery and meeting expectations. More than can be said for so many other companies out there.

14. Kevin Descheemaeker

Hi Denise, thanks for the quick update on my question. It's just that directors and producers are getting in touch with this new amazing toy and they all wanna have it on set. So they keep bothering the camera operators right now to expand their camera sets with it :)

Tomorrow I'm visiting the booth at IBC Amsterdam to get my hands on, but I all ready did my deposit bc I believe in it. It would be great to receive the set in October!

15. Kevin Descheemaeker

Hi Austin, thanks for keeping me in touch and yes I believe in the system but so do my clients and they are all bothering me to buy a MoVi set :) but I just participated the plan, so I did my deposit today! I really hope that they can make a delivery in October!

Do you know any place where they have for rent all ready?