/dist/images/branding/favicon

RC

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Hikari Homma, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

I received my MoVI today.
    I'm feeling strange feeling with RC.

If I push stick to up side then lens go to down, If I push stick to down side then lens go to up. This is OK.
    But if I push stick to left side then lens go to left. If I push stick to right side then lens go to right. I feel this is strange. Because this is not PS3 style I think.

I prefer if I push stick to left side then lens go to right, and If I push stick to right then lens go to left.
    I think this is famous PS3 or FPS game style. I mean movement of stick and lens must be totally other way. Or maybe totally straight way if you like it.

So could you let me know where can I change these setting?

2. Chris Durkee

Chris Durkee Member

I'm pretty sure you can remap all of the controls using the GUI. Check out the full manual for details.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Hikari let me see what you would need to change. Basically you want to reverse the current stick movement for tilt and pan? Just make sure that I have it correct.

4. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Sounds like only Pan

5. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Go into your transmitter and reverse the specific channel and you will be sorted. If you are using a Spektrum, select Servo Setup, highlight Travel and change this to reverse and then select the correct channel. Nice and easy.

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Angus we have a quicker way of doing this on the Movi. You are correct but with the MoVI GUI software it is much easier.

7. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Hakari if all you want to change is pan it is simple. In the screen shot below from an Android (Mac and PC are similar) select Remote Controller Config, then Map Remote Pan, and then click on the Fine - (the magnifier with the - sign) until Value: 2. Basically changing it from a negative 2 to a positive 2.

Please do not make the change in the DX7 radio.

Screenshot_2013-09-12-12-46-13.png

8. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

Hi Gray, yes I want to change only Pan.

9. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

Oh OK, I was almost change the setting in DX7. Thanks a lot for your support.

10. Angus Benson-Blair

Okay, the race is on. You boot up your computer and I'll change the setting in my TX....Ready.....steady.....go!!!! He he.

11. Angus Benson-Blair

Update......time taken on DX8= 9.5 secs. Come on Gary bring it on! ;)

12. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Angus, Android device .00002 seconds. Including time for tea. :cool: And no chance of messing up the DX. One of the reasons for not doing it in the radio is that most of the buyers of the M10 don't have an RC background. So Freefly has made the changes as simple as possible in the GUI.

13. Angus Benson-Blair

Cool! Didn't realise it was THAT easy. Can't wait to get my hands on one and have a real play.

I build quite a lot of rigs for various people and often they too dont have any rc background which, given the complexity of the systems is not always ideal. So, anything that guys like yourselves can do to make this easier can only be a good thing. I take it a similar approach is being used in the Synapse?

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Mind you, you need about 30 minutes and several cups of tea to figure out how to *install* the .apk file on the Android system as it is a free-standing app not coming from the Google App Store nor (in my case) the Samsung store.

Hint: Use Dropbox. Put the FF .apk file into Dropbox on a PC or Mac. Install Dropbox on the Android, find the .apk file and attempt to open it -- that will install it.

Android is a whole different world...(and that's the nice way to put it.) :)

Andy.

15. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

I could change the setting of RC stick via mac book pro.It was not in manual pdf. Thank you for all volunteer staff who are helping us.
    But I don't want to bring mac book pro because you know it's too big and heavy and short life battery.
    So I gonna buy Android but I'm very new too Android. I checked Android tablet and I think kindle FIRE HD is best. It's much cheaper than nexus 7 here in Japan. And kindle FIRE HD have long life battery so I think it's best tablet for MoVI.
    But I'm not sure MoVI app gonna work on kindle FIRE HD. If I see the hint from Andy, it's possible to install MoVI app to Kindle via Dropbox. Anyone know it's work on kindle? And also kindle is good tablet?
    I'm afraid of cheap chinese tablet. Because tablet is important for MoVI. Which tablet you guys are using for MoVI?

16. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Hikari any Android operating system tablet should be fine. I got a Google Nexus 7 for no particular reason. I don't think the Kindle is a native Android device though. Doesn't look like it from the web search I did.

17. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

I've used both the nexus 7 and 10 with no issues. Install is easy. Just download and installs automatically. I have never tried Kindle Fire

18. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm using a Samsung Note 10.1, Hikari-san.

Andy.

19. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

Thanks Gary,Brad,Andy-san
    Yes almost every people say Nexus is good. I prefer kindle FIRE HD but if it's not sure for MoVI app, then I gonna buy Nexus.
    It have good battery and work long? Or I need additional USB power supply? I don't know how many power will gone if I use MoVI app on Nexus.

Thanks a lot.

20. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Hikari it will run for a couple of days. Recharge is USB to Micro USB.