/dist/images/branding/favicon

Custom Case for MōVI

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Tabb Firchau, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

Andy-san
    I understand 430mm handgrip tube is too close to the rotating part. In case of this, it's very danger when you switch your hand from top handle grip to side grip. It's a bit tricky movement when you do this. Perhaps space between side grip and rotating part is too small to switch hands. Perhaps I do mistake for example hit my hand to rotating parts and can't hold grip cause of space is too small. Then my MoVI fall down...

So I checked what length is better for me again. Then now I know also 500mm is fine for me. Even 55mm makes big difference when you hold heavy equipment with this style. Andy, how do you think if it's 500mm? It can be folded flat?

And one more question sorry. Why top handle grip don't have rubber grip like a side one. I think rubber grip is needed for avoid slip. If it's for use C-stand, easy to remove end of rubber grip by my self. I really don't want to fall my MoVI...

Thanks a lot for your kindly advise.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hikari-san:
    Yes, it will fold flat if the hand-grip tube is 500mm.

I am sorry but I don't know why the top hand does not have a rubber hand grip. Perhaps Tabb can explain if he reads this thread.

Sousou,
    Andy.

3. Chris Durkee

Chris Durkee Member

can anyone confirm that the top handle will fit in a c-stand? it seems like it would be too wide to me, but i don't spend a lot of time around c-stands

4. Carey Lee Coffey

Yes, streamlined, efficient and ready to rock.

5. Wes Greene

Wes Greene New Member

My vote for a pack down fly away case which holds accessories - grab it, jump on a plane - set-up/build doesn't look like it takes long so the smaller and lighter the case the better.

6. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

How about something where you can push a button and it starts hissing steam and opens itself up and the M10 stand folds up with the lid of the case and it starts assembling the unit for you? The more flashing LEDs and arbitrary dummy switches the better…

;)

7. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

I tend to operate in the same way you mention Wes!

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Austin: Aren't you describing a assistant cameraman? ;)

Andy.

Giorgio Sironi and Austin Glass like this.
  9. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Your suggestion might be cheaper than mine! ;) Although the last time an AC hissed at me, I never worked with him again!

10. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

Then the name of case must be "commuter hell model"

11. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

Andy,
    So I want to order 500mm hand-grip tube. Could you email me and please let me know how much is it and how to order.
    Thank you

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hikari-san:
    I, in common with Gary and Brad, the other two moderators, are volunteers. We do not work for Freefly or Quadrocopter. So you will need to place the order with your dealer directly, I'm afraid.

Here is the dealer for Japan: http://www.ideorobo.com/

Regards
    Andy.

13. Jeff Cook

Jeff Cook Member

I can see both points about the "ready to shoot" case and compact "ready to travel" case, and I would go for the small version. I have had a lot of cases over the years and I find myself always throwing out the big cases. Yes, it's nice to have everything in one place, but it can be a pain in the A to move it around. And what if you do want to travel, when then? The airlines would not take to kindly to your giant, all in one, case.

Just something to think about...

14. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

Another vote for a compact case (as well), just because I'd like to jump on a plane with the base kit for a job if they've got everything else already.

15. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

Andy-san,
    I didn't know you guys are volunteers but I was thinking staff from Freefly.
    Thank you for help us.
    Many respect to you guys.

16. James Ng

James Ng New Member

For me, two cases which house everything would be the most useful.

One which houses the Movi M10, Movi stand, spare batteries, Small HD monitor & Redrock Micro Follow Focus Motor, Thumb Wheel & Follow Focus Controller with a bit of extra space for cables & charger.

The second case would house the Movi transmitter, Redrock Micro follow focus controller, second Small HD monitor, Teradek Bolt etc plus with some space for cables & chargers.

Would love to have the option to take these as carry-on when I fly too, but know this could be a tough ask.

Cheers
    James

17. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

Also for me the two (light/fly) case solution as James mentioned, is the best. I paid about 3.000,00 € over luggage at my last shooting in morocco (about 120 kg copter stuff, about 80 kg of it just cases).

Best,

Wolf

18. Casey McBeath

Casey McBeath Member

Ours is already booked around the country for the majority of the next two months. We've giving the MoVI up to Innerspace Cases to design something. They are the first and last stop for cinema cases in the industry so I'll share the results when its in. I insisted on a one case solution, and requested something small and wheeled. Sounds like we may have a Pelican coming back.

19. Casey McBeath

Casey McBeath Member

We're going back to the drawing board to jig out a case. The preferences are these:

1. Should be a light yet durable case.
    2. Wheeled and tow handle would be nice, but not mandatory.
    3. Must fit MoVI fully built, with preference for Roll Adjustment point 2 being centered (would necessitate "sitting" gimbal).
    4. All accessories must fit in one case, while being considerably well fit, cushioned, and solidly placed.
    5. Should be able to hold additional Accessories such as shorter top handle, and AKS.

20. Giles Harvey

Giles Harvey New Member

Well here is what I have done with mine. I can have it out the case and shooting in 15mins. It flies to Germany in the morning....

Attached Files:

Giorgio Sironi likes this.