/dist/images/branding/favicon

wireless transmitter and monitor etc...

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Hikari Homma, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

Now I'm thinking buy wireless transmitter for my M10. I think I gonna buy HDMI wireless transmitter. Because still DSLR will be used in many project especially in low badged. DSLR, FS-700, RED, these camera has HDMI output. In case of this it's very easy and I can save money.

Camera---HDMI---> monitor on handle(DP4)---HDMI---> wireless transmitter--> wireless receiver---HDMI---> monitor for remote control op(DP7)---HDMI---> monitor for follow focus op(DP7).

I think this way is best. What I have to buy is 1 transmitter and 1 receiver. And 3 smallHD monitor.
    But if you gonna use SDI, cost of monitor become high.
    Now only BMCC doesn't have HDMI output I think. But I didn't know about it and almost I was going to buy BMCC and these HDMI work flow wireless transmitter and monitor.

Please give me a advise if I gonna use BMCC. Have to I SDI version each wireless transmitter and monitor? But have to buy HDMI version for DSLR project?
    What is your plan to buy these equipment such as wireless transmitter and monitor? And which is good you think? I think smallHD and Teradek will have best combination. But still I'm looking for more cheaper one especially wireless transmitter.

2. Jeff Cook

Jeff Cook Member

Hikari,

Go here: http://www.paralinx.net
    Great option for wireless systems and they now have a SDI converter add on.

3. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

Hi Jeff,
    Thank you for reply.
    Yes Paralinx is great. But I was forget to explain about it. Paralinx is not regal in here Japan:(
    It's so easy if Paralinx was regal in Japan...

4. Alan Rencher

Alan Rencher Member

FYI: Paralinx sells to Japan directly from their website. They are also coming out with the Tomahawk long range system that is built with drones in mind. You can check the monitoring forum to get in direct contact: http://www.directorsmonitor.com

5. Chris Durkee

Chris Durkee Member

Any one have any recommendations for attaching monitor to Transmitter? I have an AC7 so the batteries attach to the back so I don't think the one from Secraft will work.

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Chris you might be able to find/make up a shelf bracket so that you could use a 1/4x20 screw. I have seen other trays that use a tilt/swivel ball. What are you planning to use for a receiver unit? Might be better to use a small lipo with appropriate connectors to power both the receiver and the AC7.

7. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

Yes but I was thinking Paralinks illegal in Japan(most of Japanese thinking same). But I asked to Paralinx yesterday. And they said they have technical comformity mark which is needed when you use transmitter in Japan on their module. So probably Paralinx is regal in Japan I think. I'm happy. But why people in Japan buy Teradek Bolt pro 1 transmitter and 1 receiver by $3600. It's so mad.

8. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

Lipo for M10 can also provide the power to DP4 and Paralinx transmitter? What kind of connector is needed for it? I already purchased M10 but could not find any option for it in Freefly's store.

9. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Hikari the answer somewhat depends on the voltage required of the other devices. Also any time you have a motor in an electrical circuit there is the possibility of introducing noise into the signal. Personally I would run a separate circuit for the video circuit.

10. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

Gray,
    Thanks for quick response. Then I gonna buy smallHD monitor and will use canon small batteries of DSLR for provide the power to the monitor. And then DP4 will provide the power to Paralinx by miniUSB. I already bought miniUSB cable from Freefly store. So no problem.

I think better sell some base plate as a freefly original which is for attaching the monitor on the handle. Now I'm searching but could not find any good plate. It must be light weight so difficult to find out such a minor equipment.

11. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

There is a mounting bracket that comes with the MōVI to attach something like the SmallHD. You would just need an appropriate screw to go into the bottom of the SmallHD.