/dist/images/branding/favicon

Questions for the first "small batch" of M10 recipients...

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Carey Lee Coffey, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Nils Ruinet

Nils Ruinet Member

I think that particular battery would not be powerful enough to power the Red + Follow focus + Wireless video. It's rated at a 55W limit. I think the Epic itself already needs 50-60W.
    Remember, it's not just the capacity of the battery, it's also the rated power limit you can draw from it.

I've been using Globalmediapro batteries to power my Epic for years now and they work great, but I use the 160W batteries which are rated at 79W max. They are able to power the Epic, a bartech follow focus with M-One motor and a Paralinx without a problem. Put they weight like 1 kg each, which is quite heavy for a Mövi setup.
    http://www.globalmediapro.com/dp/A2...S-R-Lithium-ion-Battery-160WH-for-Red-Camera/

Maybe the good compromise would be these 95 Wh batteries : http://www.globalmediapro.com/dp/A2...HW-R-Lithium-ion-Battery-95WH-for-Red-Camera/
    They are rated at 70W, which maybe hopefully be enough... Probably depends on the accessories you need to power. They weight 710g.

2. Carey Lee Coffey

I'll wait until you test your LEMO cable before I buy one Liam. Hopefully it will work perfectly!

3. Christopher Barrett

I have a few Switronix 95wh batteries (along with my Red Bricks). They power the Epic + Teradek + RedRock Micro FF just fine. The Switronix are much lighter than my Red Bricks.

CB

4. Lliam Worthington

Hey Christopher, what run time are you getting with those with a 95Wh?
    Shipping in a few days or so he said. Will let you guys know how it performs and post pics.

5. Christopher Barrett

I think I usually get about an hour, twenty out of em.

6. Lliam Worthington

Cheers Chris, that bodes quite well for 160's thx.

7. Wes Greene

Wes Greene New Member

hi Liam,
    Any progress on this longer cable to make the RED LCD work?

Also I continue to like the simplicity of powering everything via a single V-lock - we also have the 160WH (1050 grams) batteries but would consider purchasing some lighter 95W (710 grams) ones like these - http://www.globalmediapro.com/dp/A2...HW-R-Lithium-ion-Battery-95WH-for-Red-Camera/

8. Lliam Worthington

Hi Wes,
    SAM_1225.JPG SAM_1232.JPG
    Yeah the cable is in transit now, as soon as I have it will test and post. They sent me these pics.

9. Wes Greene

Wes Greene New Member

Great! looks good

10. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Looks somewhat flexible.. Before you do a mass order of these things, be sure they are very flexible or you may be disappointed.

11. Lliam Worthington

Thanks Brad. I won't be doing any mass orders anyway, but I'll post all findings. Flexibility will be the first thing I test. The second will be if my LCD goes on, the third whether my camera blows up o_O

12. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Here is a Lemo-Dean power cable we put together for powering the Scarlet. It measures 20" tip to tip.

Greetings,
    Adam

Attached Files:

13. Conor O'Sullivan

Conor O'Sullivan New Member

I have a few questions, one regarding this battery:

vs. this battery: http://www.globalmediapro.com/dp/A2...HW-R-Lithium-ion-Battery-95WH-for-Red-Camera/

What cables/accessories would an owner of a Redrock Micro follow focus, MOVI M10, and Paralinx setup need to run all day on either of those batteries? The camera system is a variable for my intended use, ranging from HDSLRs to the RED Epic weight class. Would the former battery be too heavy for all of those potential components on a MOVI (with, say, a Canon L series lens up to 200mm)? I'm not just being lazy at math, I just don't fully understand what is required of running a camera system above an HDSLR. New territory for me, and I don't want to spend money on the wrong battery, or a battery that doesn't fit in the rig, etc. I'm also wondering how you run a Paralinx system alongside a wired monitor for the operator.

And am I correct in understanding that an LCD can be mounted to the frame of the MOVI, and not add to the payload? And lastly, is the same true of an external audio recorder with a shotgun microphone (for single operator documentary shooting, for example)?

I received my Redrock today, and realized I need to power it... I'd like to invest in my battery option as soon as possible. I noticed the batteries above had accessories for various systems and cable-types, but don't really know what to get, or if the first is an ideal weight for my intended use. I need to have 2 batteries, for obvious reasons, and want it to be able to run all day. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Wes Greene likes this.
  14. Fritz Mueller

Fritz Mueller New Member

I'm also looking for solutions for remote power to Redrock microRemote follow focus on a dual operator MoVI M10. Appreciate any suggestions.

Earlier Tabb mentioned "On the Gimbal Freefly 4s 2.6Ah batter to power Gimbal Adapter for D-tap to our Freefly Battery (to power follow focus, etc) so you can run a secondary pack to power accessories."

Where do you source LiPO battery EC5 to D-tap cables that would work with second LiPO pack?

Thanks.

15. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

HI Friz,

We will be offering an adapter cable that will adapt our Lipo connector to a D-tap connector.

Hope that helps!

Tabb

16. Fritz Mueller

Fritz Mueller New Member

Thanks Tabb, Yes, that will be great. When should we watch for it in your store? Cheers Fritz

17. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Hi Fritz, Let me check and see when they will be live. I will get back to you!

Tabb

Charles Bergquist likes this.
  18. Charles Bergquist

...I'm looking to power the Red Rock microRemote as well, everything else I think I've got planned out.

19. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

HI Charles,

We will be making 2 pin Lemo connectors (like the Microremote uses) that adapt to our batteries as well, trying to nail down now when they will be live in the store.

Thanks

Tabb

Charles Bergquist likes this.
  20. James Ng

James Ng New Member

Hi Tabb

Does one need to regulate the power coming out of your batteries (or is a direct connection cable ok) when connecting it to
    - a Teradek Bolt Transmitter (2 Pin Lemo 6-28V DC, 6W)
    - a Red Rock MicroRemote Transmitter (2 Pin Lemo 12-18V 3A)

Any chance you'd sell a cable with two x 2 pin Limos so your battery could drive both devices on the Movi Rig from the Li-Po batteries

Cheers
    James