/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI and CS8?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Paul Christopher Greene, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Paul Christopher Greene

We very much hope to to purchase both items and have a standing pre-order in for M10.

That said, finance might dictate we have to choose one or the other. Does anyone know if the M10 actually communicates with the new Synapse flight controller? Would it be impossible to attach a non FF gimbal to the CS8?

Hope no one minds the question...just trying to sort our business ;)

Thank you....

2. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Paul, Sure you can attach almost anything to a CS8. Might take fabricating some adapters etc based on what you end up using but it is possible.

Thanks

Tabb

3. Paul Christopher Greene

Wow...thanks for the quick and informative response Tabb. I'm a huge fan and saw your post (and incredible new video!) regarding Synapse shipping before end of year which while great news, has us scrambling a bit on finances LOL.

Rock on...thanks again!

PCG

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I have no inside information, but piecing together what's been publicly discussed so far, I am led to ask what type of communication you're referring to? The MōVI will work independently of the copter, and you want it that way. The only type of communication might be using the pilot's TX to control some aspect of the MōVI such as the tilt or "majestic" mode, but I suspect everybody who uses it will be part of a two-person team, with a separate radio TX/RX controlling the gimbal's functions. Therefore, the Synapse will likely be completely out of the loop.

5. Paul Christopher Greene

Thank you Steve. I was speculating that perhaps the Synapse might "talk" to the M10 for some reason but it's clear this is not the case.

Thanks again,

PCG

6. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Again, I could be wrong, as I've yet to see either in the flesh, but the "state of the art" is that these two devices are unaware of each other's presence. This is, in part, what leads to the versatility of the MōVI: it is completely independent, whether in the air or on the ground.

7. Paul Christopher Greene

Thanks again Steve...and Tabb.

Exciting times...